COVID-19 - March 23 to April 9

possibly … but was not explained why yesterdays numbers matched up and today’s don’t

1 Like

You’re @bloodychoir arent you? You forget your password?

not much else on at the moment buddy.

1 Like

dont wanna tag them cos they’re a bit defensive.

1 Like

Without jumping the gun on a small sample size, this at least gives me hope that the isolation methods are starting to work. New cases for Aus.

3 Likes

I reckon we should make it harder and have a poll on how many cases the US will end up by the end of April. I reckon it will be north of 1 million and that’s just the reported cases. Their death numbers are going to start really increasing, really quickly now I reckon. I’d guess by Easter sunday they’ll be leading the death count.

The HS reporting that CMO believes the curve is starting to flatten.

No way are we out of the woods though.

1 Like

If it continues to go in that trajectory then it would be fair to say ScoMo has redeemed himself after the bushfire fiasco.

2 Likes

we’re pretty close to 4000 cases now

It would also depend on the handling of the economic recovery

1 Like

I think his hands are tied there.

China and the States are two of our biggest trade partners and look to be in for some pain yet.

1 Like

He’s talking about me.

Which I’m fine with. I’d like him to say what he needs to say.

Think the Australian states have done the heavy lifting while Scomo has been reactionary imo.

5 Likes

I’m not disputing that it might be flattening, but I reckon that sight is a bit misleading. It reports based on GMT+0 time. Sundays it seems like a lot of the states report a bit later than on other days, hence why 21/03 looked low and 22/03 showed a big jump.

https://www.covid19data.com.au/ is probably better for giving real figures on a sunday and therefore giving us a better picture of the true curve

Note: In the above, the figures for 29/03 don’t include SA, NT and TAS. But if that is consistent with recent days it will about 35, leaving us at around 365, which is promising.

2 Likes

Could be a bit of that as well.

Sort of like Rutten and Caracella making Hardwick look good.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’d be surprised if we’re that different. I just have a hobby horse in the race that gets me more passionately angry about than most other elements. And I’m irrational on Blitz, which is I believe one of the better places to be that. To my knowledge the corona ‘family’ has made the leap from bats, pangolins, animals ripped from dwindling habitats or deliberately farmed, caged, abused, killed and eaten in a barbaric fashion. I don’t see a huge difference between that and what we’ve been doing for decades with ‘traditional’ animal farming. We rip calves from their mothers to induce rapid milking and meating cycles, then bolt kill the calves and dismember them. That’s downright farked. Don’t need a chorus of “Oh but I only source organic, I hunt my own etc”, you’re in the tiniest minority, that voice doesn’t matter. There’s plenty out there O’doyle on the dangers of livestock transport, the interspecies feed corporate farms use, the over use of antibiotics to speed growth unnaturally, the farking fact that we’re so close to pigs biologically it’s only a matter of time before Porky’s sniffle becomes your bleeding eyeballs.

I’m just venting like everyone else and absolutely pi55ing people off I know, it was an unfair go I had at you the other day, sorry for that. I just find it unutterably sad that we continue down this course and this relatively gentle lesson in what comes of treading too hard won’t be utilised, just celebrated as ‘that time we all separated to come together!” I’m no misanthrope, but we can choose to be one thing or another, most choose to be untroubled by complicity in disaster. To them I say have a farking mad cow burger and open your third eye.

5 Likes

Can I just add that I abhor cruelty. If that makes me a weakling so be it. I played footy, I can lift stuff, whatever.

It’s not the quantity, it’s the quality.

I agree the economy is in for a hard time regardless of how it is handled, if he botches it then he shouldn’t recover. But if he is seen as serving the interest of the business interests before the people then he’ll also come out bloodied.