COVID-19 - March 23 to April 9

Can you Please stop this garbage?
■■■■ it, reporting the lot of you.
Hope you all get a long holiday.

3 Likes

Yeah that wasn’t my finest maths moments.

But not as stupid as your thinking we should model on Italy.

I will guess 705,000 but could be much lower eg 550k if their report does not get in on by your deadline. And they could have many more than that if they start testing in the numbers that they should be.

2 Likes

Italy is what happens when you do nothing in the the early stages. If you do something like all the alarmists want to do then your figures change.

Not here it isn’t.

The Prime Minister and the Australian Government Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor also agree.

But not old Burnt.

It’s even in the headline. Welcome to 2 weeks ago mate.

I think it would be a pretty good outcome. Way too early to tell. As for the economic recovery, if this trajectory continues then a lot of the promised stimulus wouldn’t end up being spent. It’s really a best case scenario though. I’m just going to drink my beer and keep my fingers crossed. Ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

Interesting projections for every state on the US

Some people have said we haven’t done enough.
You’re saying we have done enough to avoid being like Italy.

Who’s right???

Arguing something that can’t be proven either way.

Time will tell. No one knows, including you.

1 Like

Not all hero’s wear capes.

7 Likes

Again I will say we don’t have enough data really to set any sort of predictable trends as yet. Forecasting at the present time is fraught with danger.

Wow. Based on what’s being reported i don’t even know what would be considered a “good” outcome. But 80,000 is unthinkable.

Surely you’d rather govts err on the side of the worst and be over prepared then have an italy situation?

4 Likes

WOnT sOmEBODy thINk oF THe EcONOmy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

FFS, children.

Play the ball, not the man.

Consider yourself warned (and that includes broadcasting persecution complexes).

20 Likes

How about we put some of the long term housing commission people in these hotels and put the ones complaining into a fibro 2 bedder in Broady.

25 Likes

I only make it about me when someone has a crack at me. Like you just did.

Most of the time I’m either just posting articles or commenting on figures.
But then Backyard or Barnz or Burnt or you has a crack at me. Then I respond.

I’d love everyone to follow DJRs advice. You guys have had a real gang mentality.

and also if I think people are getting nasty I ask if they want to go to DMs. I don’t want to do it here but I’m constantly defending myself.

Holidays are banned. We are in semi lockdown

2 Likes

its still going tho