COVID-19 - March 23 to April 9

Geez Germany is doing well hardly any deaths for the total amount of cases.

1 Like

Please donā€™t do this. My 24 month aged block in the fridge is about all i have to look forward to.

3 Likes

High blood pressure is diagnosed and treated far more often in high-income settings; but prevalence remains similar across countries.

2 Likes

Itā€™s an all too common story, unfortunately. Human reactions are weird. Even during the early days of the HIV emergence, the communities most at risk actually increased their risky behaviour despite the warnings, as if to say ā€œfck you, Iā€™ll do what I want, I donā€™t want to believe thisā€ . Often in San Francisco, interestingly.

1 Like

They donā€™t have a choice! Not enough testing kits or hospitals. We arenā€™t all a population of 24m. Australia is the last country that should be criticizing others! Their ignorance ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  themselves royally!

Andrews backing down on his statement yesterdayā€¦ so why release that statement at all yesterday?

Never have been a fan of his PR first, details later style

1 Like

With the interest in daily number of cases and looking for trends and the peak Iā€™ve posted what happened with SARS worldwide. As you can see the ā€œcurveā€ is not a smooth up and down trajectory, but there are a number of peaks and troughs along the way. Need to keep that in mind.

4 Likes

I legit hardly remember sars. This was pre smart phones and unlimited internets access.

2 Likes

Sars was also more lethal but less transmissable.

1 Like

yep - they are all different and have their own attributes. Just pointing out how choppy the progression can be. Looks scarily like an Essendon match timeline.

9 Likes

Ignorance? Thereā€™s far more willfullness involved than just calling it all ignorance. And it goes back far far further than this outbreak.

Spare a thought for @Alan_Noonan_10, he went through the Bubonic plague and that was pre printing press.

18 Likes

IN NSW 30% of parents kept kids at home last week.

Schools remain open in NSW - recommend parents keep kids at home but if cant due to work will keep schools open.

Plan to transition to online learning.

HA! That legit made me choke on my coffee.

ā€¦Which across the next couple of days Iā€™m hoping to find local coffee shops doing takeaway, and Iā€™ll probably start buying two a day. Will cost me a bit more, but hopefully helps keep a few others in work.

1 Like
8 Likes

I think it was a poor attempt at gaining leverage to force the feds hand. But Scomo didnt budge. Not too keen on politics being played in this.

1 Like

Thanks, thatā€™s not something I knew. I allways thought high blood pressure was a western diet thing.

that wouldā€™ve freaked out a few around you

Picnic in the park isnt the worst choice if there is no play ground and not many people at the park, or a empty park.
No plastic, no metal.

could we worse things to do like go to a cafe.

If social distancingā€¦not isolationā€¦must not leave the house for 2 weeks then unless emergency.

I am in favour of eradicating everyone when they reach 70; it would solve a great deal of the Worlds problems, no Trump for a start.