COVID-19 - politics, blame and point scoring goes here

Yeah true, and I think this outpour of the great unwashed looking to blame a person for a pandemic is along the same lines

No, not particularly.

1 Like

I’m well known for my pro nazi views, what can I say?

1 Like

The core issue that I thibk, is that relates to why Melbourne had such a ■■■■ civid relates to an inherent compliance issue, ie, I think a section of Melbourne culture is more civil disobedient than other states. I really do think this needs to be explored.
Ps I grew up in Melbourne too so I care and I’m not just mouthing in off. I hate seeing my old home town always have the most violent reclaim Australia type race rallies as much as I hate seeing these images of peiple having a laugh carrying gallows at a political protest. It makes my blood boil

Mandatory vax of aged care workers by States and Territories was agreed at NatCab level.
Victoria is not alone in mandating vax for workers and attendance at public venues.
It would be useful to have comparative charts of State and Territory Government mandated vax for workers and attendees at public venues other than workplaces.
It would also be useful to have comparative summaries of pandemic emergency powers in the different States and Territories.
It is noted that the Vic Pandemic Bill would involve disclosure of health advice to Parliament - which NSW has refused to provide to a Parliamentary Committee.

SCOTTY21 WON’T LIKE THIS ONE BIT DARCE

2 Likes

He doesn’t need to do this.
It’s been well seeded into peoples minds that Dan is a Dictator on a massive power trip.
All he needs to do is keep repeating the message.

Do not discount the political campaigns at high Federal and NSW political level to denigrate the actions taken in Victoria to get us out of the second wave.
Mistakes were made, but the political tactics were to destabilise Victoria as incompetent in all respects

• gave the extremists cover for their protests and drew in the less extreme.
6 Likes

It’s incumbent on moderate conservatives to denounce extreme conservatism, otherwise it comes across as approval, which makes them equally culpable.

6 Likes

Does such a thing exist anymore ?

2 Likes

That’s what’s wrong with the current state of politics, when elected representatives choose to mislead the public.
As to the power to declare a pandemic or potential pandemic, it is not an arbitrary power there must be a sufficient scientific basis.

Note that the WHO did not assess Covid as a pandemic until 11 March 2020.

Perhaps there is something to be said for greater cooperation between the States/Territories and the Commonwealth for a swifter response at the national border by the Minister for Health under the Biosecurity Act, in the exercise of emergency powers in the event of a potential pandemic.

Modern conservatives seem far more concerned with the “woke lefty brigade” than they do about literal fascists rising through their ranks.

3 Likes

still waiting to see the lefties take over the city.

They took over Melbourne decades ago.

Have you ever walked through RMIT city campus?

Craig Kelly was in Melbourne don’t you have to be double vaxxed to enter?

You’ve got one right here.

2 Likes

Briefly, to get to the University of Melbourne campus

** chuckles with academic eletism **

5 Likes

Did you have to walk around 7 different construction sites to get to South lawn?

Wouldn’t you just use your helicopter?

1 Like

Please. The helicopter parking is for Law and Commerce students only.

2 Likes