COVID-19 Round 11 - Year 3 of…

did you walk-in or have a booking?

They had web based system but took it down.

With limited supply, nuff nuffs making too many bookings etc.

Did they let you book a second shot before you left?

Walked in, couldn’t get through on the old rotary phone.

Haven’t they ever heard of google forms?

NSW have a registration website for it. Does that mean our state is just full of idiots?

Nope. Just was told I’d get an email reminder of when my two weeks was up and then I could call to make a booking.

1 Like

What are vaccination numbers like in the other states in the past week. Are a serious amount getting vaccinated?

Bet case 5 was a covid denying nuff

Lucky for me I go to the Liberty on the other side of the road because it’s about 30 cents a litre cheaper.

5 Likes

Prolly got ethanol in it tho

or contaminated diesel liberty is dogshit

1 Like

Pretty good, not at Vic levels though.
QLD is pretty hopeless. They don’t see the need to open mass vaccination hubs, and they are anti-vax central.

Anti testers too. Appalling rates

1 Like

I’d laugh after a week of SA bashing from Foley, Merlino & co, the newest outbreak variant came out of another Vic HQ stuff

Victorian health authorities now doubt a family from Melbourne contracted COVID-19 while holidaying in NSW, with the hotel quarantine system believed to be the likely source of the Delta variant outbreak.

The Doherty Institute’s Sharon Lewin on Saturday said the most likely source of the Delta variant outbreak was the hotel quarantine system, not an unknown source in the community in NSW.

2 Likes

impressive level of spin from what she said, and leaving out the extraordinary leading nature of the questions

3 Likes

In all fairness, post the 10 week lockdown, we had next to no cases and the majority of people I know who got a cold took the assumption ‘it’s not COVID (there’s no cases)’ and things went back to ‘normal’ to too great an extent. This was the majority of people I dealt with, for example at work.

I was ■■■■■■ when people took this approach because to me it was never really over. I’d challenge people on their assumption - the reply was often ‘but I’d have to self quarantine while I’m waiting on a test result (it’s inconvenient)’. I’d say to them listen ■■■■, if you don’t get tested and you give me what you have, you’re basically putting the burden on me to get tested. It’s unfair. But I was in the minority with my view on things I feel.

So my point is I can understand how this is happened, and the person who has caused the outbreak is a ■■■■, but so are most of the people I know - the behaviour was the same, despite the fact they didn’t have COVID.

1 Like

What she actually said was that the new variant - not the same as the one from SA HQ - was most likely imported - on the basis of absence of hospitalisation, which would be anticipated at a certain percentage of those infected.
International aircrew would be very hard to track, absent airline reporting to the authorities in Oz.
This is probably all wrong, but as I understand it:

• Those crews have to stay in HQ while they are here, but are not required to do the 14 days before rostered flying out - .can fly out undetected ( incubation period, asymptomatic) no genomic testing.

For whatever reason, media focus is on the foreign diplomats. Ignoring other imported exempt from standard HQ.

1 Like

That’s why it’s important to watch the briefings to get the context.
Media doing media things as per normal.

why would the lazy do that though? why would they have preconceived notions, come here lording those notions over everyone and when correctly pointed out they’re full of ■■■■ double down?

1 Like

It’s harsh but if people protest and break lockdown/refuse tests, that should be noted on that medical record. God forbid we ever get to the point where the US/UK/Italy get to, but if people are in hospital hallways and doctors need to choose who gets treated, people with that blemish on their record rank lower in priority.

■■■■ or get off the pot - if you believe some aspect of this is a conspiracy, don’t expect to get gloves treatment when you’re squealing like a ■■■■■■■ pig in a public hospital unable to breathe. If you don’t tip into the system you shouldn’t get priority treatment from it.

The only reason I don’t like this concept is that it’s a bit anti-democracy, and it feeds the conspiracy theorists (‘see they’re forcing us to get vaccinated maaaaaan’).

If the government wanted to wipe us out or control us, they wouldn’t hand out billions in cash subsidies for fucksake and they wouldn’t protect us with lockdowns from this thing. Fucken use some logic geez.

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at COVID-19 Round 11 - Year 3 of… (Part 5).