COVID-19 Round 11 - Year 3 of…

Is there another version of the Coate report.?
Because what you have posted does not fit with the actual report.
Have you read the report?
Have you factored in that the Coate recommendations were adopted and applied in full?
Are you going to cite the Ruby Princess report as evidence of ongoing deficiencies in NSW?

2 Likes

No, contact tracing identified his close contacts, isolated them accordingly and there was no transmission. Likely theory is that a casual contact from one of the train exposures or a dinner at the curry house who failed to check in or register their attendance has probably picked up a mild or asymptomatic infection and failed to come forward for testing as part of exposure site notifications.

4 Likes

He was the one being chased by a big ball and screaming “I am not a number, I am a free man!!!”

As in policing, it also depends on the individuals behaviour. Are they being truthful in their statements, are their recollections accurate, did they check in to places etc etc.

QR codes are great, if people use them and premises ensure compliance.

3 Likes

And receipts are good, if you get one (or ask for one) after you have paid cash.

100%. I’m sure we’ll get up there when eligibility eventually opens up more.

However in the mean time, it would appear that Vic has hit a capacity limit of approximately 25k via the mass vax hubs plus another 25k via GP clinics. The governments need to quickly work out how to reach more people while the demand is strong, especially among over 50s. Whether that be opening up more hubs, increasing supply to GPs, or some other mechanism. Get it done ASAP and keep this momentum going.
In other states, we just need to get people to bloody show up - NSW and Queensland especially.

1 Like

Frydenberg defending national border closures due to inherent uncertainties.
OK for some to base decisions on uncertainty, not OK for others.

Look up & around when wandering around Watergardens next time

There are also mis-truths under interview or poor recollection. It’s not uncommon for people under interview to feel guilty and lie about where they did or didn’t go, or avoid mentioning flatmates or friends because they don’t want to land them in isolation. Frequently, people who have initially not mentioned other contacts later realise the seriousness of withholding that information and volunteer it later. But not everyone does, and even those delays in accurate information can quickly become catastrophic.

2 Likes

As Cheng said the other day, not a simple matter of getting people to vax and having vax facilities - Commonwealth supply chain and international supply.

• and also setting the AZ threshold at 50yo plus, doesn’t matter how much CSL can produce.

You know, when dkheads come in here and blame Victoria for what is basically bad luck + living in a world pandemic. And the media are going “you all fked up” over and over in their desperate grab for attention, it takes me back to 2013 -2016, and every one of you who swallow Murdoch press bait can go and get stuffed.

11 Likes

Why would Anyone go there?

Like the focus on Vic use of security guards. When every State used them and the ADF - when made available by the Feds - were not used in that capacity.
And , timelines are meaningless to the media, when additional ADFoffered for another purpose after HQ commenced.
With current HQ, ADF has reconfirmed that ADF are not to be used to patrol or enforce HQ - rather reception duties and transfers between airport and hotels.

1 Like

It took me 5 and a half hours to get my jab today of the Pfizer. People being turned away as early as 9am from lining up. Girls next to us said that the website said this morning the showgrounds website was not accepting walk ins, but their mates went in as walk ins and got jabbed. Nurse said jabbing me said they’ve never been so busy.

I see the government is still yet to set up a web based system that actually works as opposed to a phone based system.

1 Like

Yep. We’ve seen Case 5 change his story on at least 2-3 occasions through re-interview and subsequent infectious period be adjusted multiple times accordingly.

2 Likes

https://www.luxury-renovations.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/traditional-staircase-renovation-manchester-4.jpg

did you walk-in or have a booking?

They had web based system but took it down.

With limited supply, nuff nuffs making too many bookings etc.

Did they let you book a second shot before you left?

Walked in, couldn’t get through on the old rotary phone.