COVID-19 Round 11 - Year 3 of…

Hold on, are you talking about Case 5?

He was sick enough to see a doctor? What the heck is wrong with his doctor? Surely he/she should have taken a test from him then and there, or at least sent him to go get one?

You really don’t pay any attention to what is said do you?

1 Like

Really?

Vic governement had no idea who signed off on the private security, Vic Pol was not part of the decision process and had no say, ADF was never offered to the Vic government.

Source - Coate report that cost Vic taxpayers $5m+

They can’t force someone to take a test

1 Like

He sent him to go and get one, the guy just didn’t bother doing it.

5 Likes

But they can recommend strongly that they get a test, and surely if you were concerned enough to go to a doctor you wouldn’t ignore that recommendation.

Alternatively, if your doctor said “it’s not covid don’t worry about it” then I guess you wouldn’t get a test.

No he doesn’t. Just like the Dodoro thread with Ants and him.

2 Likes

There wasn’t 1 case! There were 30 before it became known. Contact tracers cannot anticipate an outbreak prior to a person doing the right thing and getting tested.

The doctor told him to get tested, the guy didn’t bother doing it.

1 Like

Why should we assume case 5 would do the right thing?

Then he is posting in bad faith & should be ignored.

1 Like

So it’s confirmed that C5 went to a doctor, the doctor said get a test, and he didn’t do it? I haven’t seen that anywhere (doesn’t mean it’s not true, I may have missed it)

It was provided at the start of all this way back when.

Summary of this thread.

23 Likes

PhD in Facebook science, minor in Google

I don’t think they advised ‘go get a test’ from the doctor.

they definitely went to one though

We had the same thing occur last year in Altona.
A person had gone to the doctor with the symptoms and refused to take a test.
Unfortunately, a doctor may not be physically capable to detain or enforce a test. Especially if there is a chance it gets violent.

If it were my GP, they’d have to let him go.
I’m not sure if there is a way to just alert the health authorities in such a case.

No arguments here. Unfortunately Rome wasn’t built in a day. Experience can’t be synthesised.

There were major issues with the contact tracing team in lockdown 2, which are on public record. It could still be better, but it’s not in the same ballpark as it was back then, and as long as funding continues, and we don’t play around with the system too much in between outbreaks, it will continue to improve.

The tolerance between “Have control and can contact trace while staying open”, and “Oops! We lost control again” is a very small margin, and because chains of transmission expand exponentially, a team double the size with twice the experience makes little difference to the margin. A LOT depends on how long between when the first case transmitted and when contact tracing starts, and what demographic the initial or subsequent spreads take hold. Low paid casual workers are often a powder keg for exponential spread. Comparing one contact tracing team with another for fundamentally different outbreaks requires assumptions about similarity that aren’t realistic.

1 Like

You can’t detain someone or force someone to get a test, but if you’re concerned enough to go to a doctor with symptoms then surely it’s likely you would do what he/she says. Not certain but very likely.

If however the doctor has seen someone with covid symptoms and not recommended a test then that’s a massive part of the story of why we are here.

I’d be staggered if the doctor did not recommend a test based on the symptoms. It is more likely case 5 didn’t do as recommended.

1 Like