COVID-19 Round 13 - IT'S NOT A RACE!

people have adverse reactions to stuff all the time

Ok… I am out good luck!!!

Nah come on, back up your claims. Don’t run away scared

I feel super privelidged to hear from you Novak, especially with a big quarter final coming up

3 Likes

Presumably the very same evil ‘set me free with a jab so I can travel to distant lands and buy keyrings’ crowd that some angry ewok was on about in the dying seconds of the last thread

1 Like

The Rage has done a bio article on our current Acting CHO ( Brett is on hols ,doing a staycation with the kids)
Dan O’Brian worked with MSF in war zones, including Chechnya of all places ( where I was told around 1O Red Cross workers were killed)
He is an expert on that flesh eating Gippsland ulcer @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS should be safe)

More importantly , he is a son of Terry O’Brian, who developed the Dynamic Under Keel Clearance system for getting ships in and out of harbours safely.
Dan should be able to safely get us travelling .

2 Likes

Especially on match day threads

1 Like

Frosty was the winner!!! No payouts no dividends.
End of august for my az second. No adverse effects from the first unless you count an utter hatred to all things farkcarlton. But the doctor said this might be a common side effect.

2 Likes

What that my claims that the vaccine can actually make people sick, maybe beyond repair??

Counted null and void when you said you were outta here!!!

That falls under the “benefits of vaccination” category by my reckoning!

1 Like

@Aceman Oh there’s fear…

(I think this is my first post in any Covid thread, and I think it might be my only.)

When I went for my first jag, there were people at the vaccination centre crying and screaming because they were told they were having AZ not Pfizer, and quite a few folk walked out, according to the nurses there.

But… the whole British stiff upper lip thing (and the desire to have a pint) has prevailed for the most part: currently, 86% of UK adults have had first jag, 64% have had both. I’m about 5-6 weeks away from my second I think.

England is looking to remove all Covid restrictions by July 19th. Scotland, from what I understand will be a little more cautious - I think 9th August before all restrictions are lifted. This is due to the vaccine numbers only - Covid case numbers are largely on the rise again (464,000 active across the UK as of today - which has risen from just 58,000 only 6 weeks ago), but deaths and hospitalisations are staying pretty flat - good evidence in my mind that the vaccination is effective.

Looking from the outside in, Australia has completely farked the vaccination roll out. There was a lot of praise over here for the way Australia handled Covid initially - most people here don’t understand why the UK didn’t shut its borders the way Australia did - but the praise has largely gone now, replaced by a “what’s happening over there”. The only way out of Covid lockdown now is vaccination, and the UK identified that early.

For Australia to be at only 7% fully vaccinated, 7-8 months after the rollout is diabolical, and without getting too political, because I hate politics with a passion - the Australian government is massively failing its people right now.

21 Likes

Still essential worker and can walk into a VAC any time, and also been offered to work from home anytime.

You’d think if someone was given a two year recovery prognosis, the anti-vax blood clot fear mongering media would have been all over that.

1 Like

I have a lot of family in the UK and yes despite some initial skepticism and perhaps some fear all of them have rolled up their sleeves. The absolute witch hunt against AZ in this country is at another level unfortunately

1 Like

I will dig deeper tomorrow on that

The “beyond repair” and death numbers so far are extremely low. Side effects are a common reaction to vaccines, but most recover in a couple of days, maybe a week for some. People with pre-existing conditions should and are receiving medical advice on their circumstances.

1 Like

Brill. If this is the case, it’s something worth examining, because as far as I know, only people who have had the actual virus and are suffering from “long covid” are the only ones with this sort of prognosis.

I daresay we’d be reading about it by now.

Where’s it coming from in the most part? Social media? Actual media?