COVID-19 Round 13 - IT'S NOT A RACE!

No probs for me in him having whatever he wants. Unlike Harold Holt, the choices of acting/ replacement PM could be devastating if current PM were to go down.

2 Likes

Palacszuk needs to attend the Olympic Games as Brisbane will be announced as host of the 2032 Olympic Games.

Just returned from the dentist - He is a HongKonger with a HK/Aussie partner with an Aussie passport who is waiting to travel to OZ sometimes in the future - He doesn’t understand why overseas students continue to be banned from returning to their study in Oz. He explained
how he completed his tertiary study in Australia and it’s impossible to study this type of course online.

1 Like

How to stop those hot zone GWS supporters from flocking to Ballarat?

1 Like

TGA approved AZ 16th Feb, ScoMo received Pfizer 20th Feb. Admit that was about two weeks after that where the first AZ from what proved to be the UK turned up. Local production from end of March.

1 Like

It wasn’t a threat to parts of the community. It was an open threat to all. It was Hazard cracked the ■■■■■ and sooked today . Its getting all too much for him. Imagine the pressure he’ll have to deal with when this lockdown goes beyond 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Does not want Gladys to have learnings from Dictator Dan, who sacked his Health Minister

They can change the rail gauge back.

7 Likes

@Hoffy could reopen that inland Customs post on the Albury Wodonga border

4 Likes

The queue for that job would be kilometres long.

2 Likes

even longer if they socially distance properly

11 Likes

I imagine the way legislation is structured in NSW cf every other state has something to do with it.

Other states make decisions based on health advice, while considering their political impact.
NSW makes decisions based on politics, while considering how health advice affects this.

1 Like

You know…
If we build a wall…
It’ll be called The Great Wall of Dictator Dan.
And we’ll have a wine that is horrible tasting named after it.
Then we’ll trade with the rest of the country and the world. We’ll call it the belt and road initiative.
We’ll rule the world.

1 Like

Our exports will be obscure post-punk bands, cool climate wines and baristas.
We shall be Hiptoria.

14 Likes

I had suspected from the beginning when they didn’t lock-down hard straight away that chasing zero cases was not the priority, as arrogant as their government is - nice if it happened perhaps, but not the priority - but limiting economic damage of a hard lockdown while keeping the virus on a leash in the community and getting people conditioned to the idea of living with the virus transmitting and getting away from the 0 case obsession was the aim, which needs to happen across the country generally at some point. Unfortunately with such a low % of immunity this could blow up bad.

1 Like

If that is actually the purpose of it, he’s a total dickwit. the Murdoch reading mouthbreathers would be emboldened to run around going, “it’s just a glorified cold, let’s party!”

Salty?

1 Like

Like the reference to Great Wall wine. That was the worst most hangover-inducing plonk that I have ever had the misfortune to let pass my lips.

2 Likes

Well, if you are in China, you better enjoy drinking it, because the Australian stuff has been tarriffed out of existence over there.

1 Like

Worst wine I’ve ever had.
My old mans wine tastes closer towards vinegar and I’d still prefer it over Great Wall.

I was a bit taken aback by the Australian wines being on a par (cost wise) with other international wines.

1 Like

French wines were still plentiful when I was there (albeit 10 years ago).