COVID-19 Round 13 - IT'S NOT A RACE!

Quite a few years since I was there.

I bought a case of wine from Tahbilk - a cleanskin Shiraz - that was destined for China and was stopped by the Great Wall of Tariff. I wish I had not. Awful stuff that had been given the full Rosemont winery house style treatment and ruined it. Drinkable but characterless.

Probably should take it to the wine thread (do we have one?) rather than this thread (the whine thread).

1 Like

I knew there was one, but it isnā€™t frequented much

3 Likes

What we really desperately need is a number of News Corp opinionistas to die of Covid.

That number, preferably, is all of them.

6 Likes

Itā€™s going to be hard to control in western Sydney.

If it were me Iā€™d be going a lot harder on lockdown.

Iā€™d suggest going full Victorian. Get right on top of it.

The challenge I see is that we currently have a ā€œsort ofā€ lockdown, with new case numbers still around the 20 to 30 per day. Gets us nowhere.

I could be wrong.

1 Like

While you want people to sufferā€¦

"Ten Sunshine Coast hospital workers have been praised after exposing themselves to COVID-19 to save the life of a patient.

The COVID-positive patient went into anaphylactic shock because of an adverse reaction to contrast dye used in MRI scanning.

The 10 healthcare workers did not have time to put on personal protective equipment (PPE) before they intervened to treat the patient.

Sunshine Coast Hospital acting chief executive Andrew McDonald thanked the staff for their actions.

6 Likes

while over in Russia Mr Putin has decreed the French can no longer call their bubblyā€¦ Champagne, and instead have to call it sparkling wine.

I would argue that Bolt, Credlin et al are not human. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Green shoots may have turned into green drought with the numbers announced today being out in the community, compounded by increasing hospitalisation,ICU and ventilators for relatively younger age groups.
On the positive side, Aged Care seems to have been contained to the Summit and so far none in disability care.
Crossroads, Avalon and Berala clusters appear to have been capable of being contained within more or less a few suburbs with just a few leakages to the Illawarra.
To my friends in Sydney hot zones, I tell them we did it for over 100 days with much tougher rules and without benefit of Louis Vuitton - also that we in Siktoria are ho hum about snap short lockdowns, knowing they are the alternative to the second wave one.
Non Rugby League supporters in Newcastle are not however pleased about games scheduled there.

2 Likes

As Radar would say, animals are people too.

1 Like

I was just thinking about that Sandringham Dry cleaner today and thinking what a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  champ he is.

Other less diligent people would have turned that ounce of bad luck in to a wave of catastrophe for so many people.
But he had great procedures that saved it from going anywhere. If anyone knows him say thanks from me.

18 Likes

Literally every box ticked.

Masks on all the time.
1 customer at a time.
Sanitizer and check in.

The perfect example of running a Covid safe business. No transmission from the site.

20 Likes

And he even ended up on radio and apologised for the inconvenience that his customers had been through because of it.
Class act.

19 Likes

Better than the degenerates who run around town infecting everyone.

1 Like

How the ā– ā– ā– ā–  do you mistakenly vaccinate a kid. I have to sign permission notes to allow the kids to sit in their school hall, during school time, to watch a musical performance. But no problems weā€™ll inject kids with a vaccine without checking permission notes. Utter bullshit.

10 Likes

the destination being ballarat ought to be enough to discourage them

But they have been led to understand itā€™s a trip to Mars

1 Like

You really think it was an accident?

Any money one of the parents or senior staff at that school has a close connection to a politician or a senior official in the vaccination program. Do a cross check of all the important people in the program and what school they went to for a start. Do a bit of a favour for the old alma materā€¦

8 Likes

Bit of Covid related humour,

22 Likes

Essendon used permission notes once and that wentā€¦

3 Likes

Never gets old! Hahahahaha.