COVID-19 Round 13 - IT'S NOT A RACE!

Take with a grain of salt, off twitter, no official source.

13 people now in ICU with Covid in NSW with 7 under the age of 35.

That’s a pretty high number in ICU given the total positive cases.

That’s terrible.
It’s amazing how some of the information gets missed during the briefings.

On the positive side, this sort of validates the need for florists to be open. And retail like Cardology. How else are you supposed to send get we’ll wishes without actually being able to go there?

2 Likes

Had to double read that.

Of course Cardiologist are still open, oh not that cardiology :joy:

4 Likes

Of course I don’t think it’s a mistake.

The covid live site as of 8/7 lists 37 hospitalized, 7 ICU 2 ventilator

The suggestion is that there have been more admitted since yesterday’s presser at 11am. Which is entirely possible and some might say probable given the foreshadowed large numbers we can expect today. It was noted at the presser yesterday that of 37 in hospital, 14 are under the age of 55, 8 under the age of 35. Of the 7 in ICU, 1 was in their 30’s. A further 6 of those already in hospital under 35 being moved into ICU is definitely not beyond the realms of possibility.

Fully expecting today is >40 and will come with an announcement of stronger lockdown restrictions for the 3 LGA’s they’re most worried about.

1 Like

A hospital right near where I live had someone work there with covid and now there are 600 close contacts.

Crazy times, I’m staying the fk indoors :joy:

3 Likes

Oh boy. That is bad.

Might just be me, but I’m starting to think Sydney don’t give a ■■■■

3 Likes

Masks and social distancing, stay away from even small crowds particularly indoors, wash hands, and get your vaccine as soon as its possible - lessons from the US.

9 Likes

Elect a corrupt phony farkwit

Lessons from the US ptii

23 Likes

Only about 4 of those actives would be local as well.

Think it’s only 2 actually.

4 Likes

Even better

EFA

Yeah, about that…

2 Likes

Yep.
And those later in isolation (can’t recall if it’s 10 or 14 day) tests of close contacts would have been completed by now.

They are still listing the Southbank towers as exposure sites, so it’s likely that’ll come off if there are no active cases from that cluster.

Sadly Don M I don’t think we have the cattle to learn that one

2 Likes

I missed this from BioHazzard yesterday, reading not too hard between the lines he seems to be saying if these more multicultural and less english speaking suburbs aren’t getting the message clearly enough we’ll probably just have to let the thing run rampant. Again, imagine if Dictator Dan or one of his intimated something similar regarding the massive challenges they faced? fark this, and fark the media for not righteously crucifying this dude

I think at some stage, if the individuals that we need don’t hear [NSW chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant’s ] message and don’t respond, then at some point we’re going to move to a stage where we’re going to have to accept that the virus has a life which will continue in the community,

3 Likes