COVID-19 Round 13 - IT'S NOT A RACE!

Strict lockdown has to be around the corner. It simply has to be.

It should have been done when they announced the localised LGA lockdowns.

Hazzard was asked by journos , said he was not aware, presser cut before journos could reveal to him what they know from their sources.
JJ would certainly know,he has the keys to the store room

I only the know the numbers that are moved to other states via one of our aircraft and seeing the freight manifests. Being involved in the vaccine rollout we are fed almost hourly updates from interested parties and as I’ve explained above the bulk of Pfizer will always arrive on Sydney. Even if Sydney had zero cases and a stockpile of Pfizer sitting around, the bulk of new incoming Pfizer would head there first

Yup, I think all the states have proven that that is the only strategy that works if you’re aiming for elimination.

they need to aim for under control first.

Id listen to Aceman over everyone, bar Beefa.

It would be interesting to see the stats. I wonder if one of the states would “leak” this info if it shows NSW get the most to try and blunt the crititcism?

So it is proven, people worship Aceman above others.

Bloody sycophants.

And fair sized indigenous in regional NSW? Hope they have taken up entitlement to priority vax for 16yo+
During our second wave, regionals did not want us Metros, even when we were allowed, they kept us on a tight rein

1 Like

VIC: Extreme risk zone declaration ‘very strict’

Professor Sutton says authorities have been clear that those who leave the state may be subject to potential border changes.

“This is not a change for NSW, because we said we’d need to do a pause for Victorian residents coming back to Victoria from red zones,” he said.

“What it effectively does is allows that right of return for people in South Australia, ACT, Norfolk Island going forward, because they remain as red zones, but that default right of return for Victorian residents is able to be put into effect.”

VIC: Wastewater testing finds ‘strong new detection’ in Glenroy area

The suburbs within that testing area include Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park and Pascoe Vale.

Professor Sutton says some red-zone permit holders have returned to these suburbs.

“And the virus may have returned with them, so we’re asking everyone that they all need to keep getting tested right across Victoria,” he said.

“But if you’re symptomatic and in those particular post codes, we absolutely encourage you to get tested.”

1 Like

The attempted creation of a common enemy in the other States is an obvious tactic to divert attention from their completely shanked response.

Hopefully the NSW populace are intelligent enough not to fall for it.

I’m sorry but it’s hard not to.

How can we give them vaccine that is allocated to Victorians to NSW? It’s not like we have surplus?
Do you think that if every state handed over vaccines and they got to 60% coverage that they would wait for the rest of the country to catch up?
It’s not exactly ‘politicking’ but it balanced towards fairness.

The reason why there was a bit more compassion towards our increased allocation a few months ago, was because we went instantly to a hard lockdown. No half measures or ‘please stay at home’ orders.
I feel sorry for their citizens.

They can have other forms of support. Whether that’s testing, contact tracing, HCW, other forms of help, but vaccines should not be handed over to them whilst we have a high demand for them.

1 Like

Gladys likes being able to say she fears for Victorians when they do a lockdown, that licking down is easy, that ‘we can’t’ at a suggestion of sending vaccines to vic. So it’s probably hard for her to ask what Hazzard asked.

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at COVID-19 Round 13 - IT’S NOT A RACE! (Part 7).

I appreciated the choice of avatar… but fark the Bin Chickens.

I certainly wasn’t advocating they be given other states vaccine supplies.

1 Like