COVID-19 Round 14 - tiering into the abyss

Oh ■■■■ off Morrison. Brandishing bits of paper, and talking in a tone like we will fight them on the beaches, basically saying they agree in principal and that sometime maybe in the future future a target he’s not promising may or may not be achieved. Just ■■■■ off

10 Likes

Qld on now, 6 local, connected to schoolgirl

The hope with the mobile testing positive case is that he wasn’t able to spread it, and no doubt the PCCs and SCCs will have been placed in isolation. There isn’t an indication that there is an unknown transmission.

Today’s case, we don’t yet know enough about to either stress or not stress.

We also still have mitigations in place in all the most common areas of spread, to help make sure it doesn’t spread too far if there are unknown chains of transmission.

We’ll stress when it’s time to stress. Now is time to see people, do activities and un-stress.

2 Likes

Qld says…

Delta strain, 6 new cases
1 in HQ from Doha

Only way to beat Delta is fast and strong

CHO and Premier have agreed to go hard and go early.

4pm today - 11 LGAs who have mask requirements are back in lockdown.

If you have been in an LGA from 1am this morning, this applies to you.

Go home now if you are in an LGA

Lockdown in place til Tues.

3 Likes

■■■■, I no footy for me today. ■■■■

4 reasons to leave home, essential workers, grocery stores open , 10km limit.

So what about the footy?

VFL game ends before 4pm?

Get yourself behind Mr Hooker’s goals.

I hope the QLD govt prohibit it. ■■■■ the AFL

2 Likes

Ah crap. There goes the footy tonight. How do I get a refund? Is it automatic? Anyone know?

Going hard, going early. :+1:

3 Likes

Where are the vfl playing

I would think so. I hope so

Linked to 2 cases from HQ, 5 in one household, medical student tutor - probably the index case.
Medical student has been to many places, including hospital, so has sibling.
Jeanette expects many exposure sites Brisbane and Sunshine Coast

Ant will be happy with 4pm lockdown. Even quicker than 6pm lockdown.

1 Like

Graham Road, Aspley, from 12:30

Yvette’s stressing NatCab findings -;go hard go fast
NSW had 1 case, 38 days later over 3k and deaths.
Arranging for private labs to stay open the weekend.

Which 11 local government areas (LGAs) are locked down?

• Brisbane City
  • Moreton Bay Regional Council
  • Gold Coast
  • Ipswich
  • Lockyer Valley Regional Council
  • Logan City
  • Noosa Shire Council
  • Redland City
  • Scenic Rim Regional Council
  • Somerset Regional Council
  • Sunshine Coast Regional Council

These rules apply to anyone who’s been within the 11 LGAs from 1:00am this morning

Deputy Premier, Steven Miles says:

"So, even if you are no longer in those 11 LGAs, if you were here at 1:00am this morning, these restrictions apply no matter where you are now.

“They will be in place until 4:00pm on Tuesday, but, of course, that will be subject to events between now and then. While the lockdown commences at 4:00pm today, we would urge anyone in those 11 LGAs to go home and stay at home, if you can.”

The restrictions in Brisbane from 4pm Saturday - 4pm Tuesday (hopefully)

From 4pm today, it’ll be 11 LGAs, Brisbanites can only leave home for four reasons:

• To obtain essential goods - for example, groceries and medications - but only within 10km of our homes. So, that is a stricter geographic movement restriction than we’ve had in the recent lockdowns .
  • You can leave home for essential work, school, or child care.
  • School or child care is only for essential workers or vulnerable families.
  • High schools will, for the first time, have masks for teachers, students and everyone in the school .
  • You can leave home to exercise with only one person who is not from your household, but you must do so within your local area so, that 10km restriction applies to exercise.
  • You can leave home for healthcare, to care for somebody who needs assistance, to get your COVID-19 vaccination or to get a COVID-19 test
2 Likes

1 Like

Yikes. Fingers crossed for QLD.

2 Likes