COVID-19 Round 14 - tiering into the abyss

catching up to the hurley forward or back debate.

8 Likes

Gladys is like an AFL coach whose side is sliding to the bottom of the ladder after a good start to the season and she’s lost the playing group through mixed messages and an out of date game plan.

5 Likes

Missed those updates from NSW, SA and Victoria? Here’s what you need to know

If you’d like to watch the press conferences back in full, visit the ‘key events’ section at the top of the page.

There was a bit happening there, so let’s take a look back at some of the main announcements.

New South Wales

• The state recorded 163 new infections — 45 of those were infectious in the community and another 26 people were in isolation for only part of their infectious period
  • Police issued 246 penalty infringement notices to people breaching COVID public health orders yesterday

Catch up here.

South Australia

• South Australia recorded one new case of COVID-19 linked to other cases at a winery north-east of Adelaide
  • SA Premier Steven Marshall said the state was still “on track to come out of lockdown” as scheduled on Tuesday.

Catch up here.

Victoria

• Victoria recorded 12 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19, ten of whom were in quarantine for their infectious period
  • Health Minister Martin Foley said the two were only active in the community for “less than a day”
13 Likes

Thanks, IT

1 Like

You’ve been waiting 10000 posts for that gag, haven’t you? :smile:

10 Likes

Still pertinent

16 Likes

It is an outrage that this is even happening. Victoria broke these things up very quickly.

Seriously FFS What the hell is going on up there seriously FFS?

2 Likes

Melbs being idiots too

2 Likes

I missed it the last change over, couldn’t miss it this time!

1 Like

Well, we used to break it up quick, perhaps the Police are flat footed. They (the protesters) are clearly in breach of CHO directions.

1 Like

Do we have water cannon’s in Vic?

1 Like

Apparently in SA there’s a drive by protest organised. It’s hailing at the moment. I hope their cars get damaged. Clowns.

3 Likes

Pretty sure my nutty SIL is there. If the police arrest her, I hope they throw away the key.

5 Likes

Continuing the discussion from COVID-19 Round 13 - IT'S NOT A RACE!:

Foley says cannot ultimately protect Vics until it is brought under control in NSW - he suggests that is Hazzard’s basic message - he emphasises respect and cooperation with Hazzard and his team.
Vics will help where we can, but we cannot cancel our vax appointments, our health people not idle
Journo asks why he thinks it is OK to be giving free advice to NSW on ring of steel, meddling in NSW

• worked for the Vics, lived experience, a matter for Fed and NSW judgment - their prerogative to reject
    • notes Burnett Institute of comparative measures and menu of what works.

Journo - how do you feel about being slapped down by NSW

• Snooze did not take it that way , refers to close cooperation between Health Minsters in Vic, SA and NSW.
    • he is a pollie , understands what is said for public consumption

Now journos going for gotchas on inconsistencies in statements and actions against publicans and removalists.

3 Likes

Is that what they honestly think Hazzard was doing? Idiots if they do.

No way, it’s the Delta, generates faster and more crap posts from me

1 Like

I hate these people so much …

14 Likes

That’s concerning the number of people in those crowds.

2 Likes

So then that will be 2 states that have beaten a Delta infection in the wild?

1 Like