COVID-19 Round 14 - tiering into the abyss

Protest in Adelaide currently in cars but we have had a couple of decent hail storms in the last hour. Hopefully their cars get farked up

1 Like

So every day NSWuhan announce they’re still investigating mystery cases. Do they ever report whether they actually catch up, or are there persistent unlinked cases?

Has anyone tried to do the map of infections, or is the information not good enough/they don’t have an 8K screen to fit it on?

2 Likes

37 in ICU 36 NOT vaccinated 1 had a first jab.

Scenes from the protest

5 Likes

WA records zero new cases

The state’s total remains at 1,048.

Nine active COVID-19 cases are being monitored by WA Health: eight cases remain aboard the BBC California currently berthed at Fremantle Port and one case is in hotel quarantine.

To date, 1,030 people have recovered from the virus in WA.

2 Likes

There is a map by LGS with stats for each

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/stats-nsw.aspx

if you go down to map enlarge it youll see stats for each LGA

Locally acquired COVID-19 cases and tests in the last four weeks - up to 8pm 23 July 2021

COVID-19 cases and tests by local health district

Local Health District Cases* Cases with unknown source Total tests Test rate (per 1000)
Central Coast 4 1 51,000 145
Far West 0 0 2,394 79
Hunter New England 0 0 87,875 92
Illawarra Shoalhaven 7 3 59,737 142
Mid North Coast 0 0 19,034 84
Murrumbidgee 0 0 23,697 79
Nepean Blue Mountains 21 2 71,984 184
Northern NSW 0 0 18,984 61
Northern Sydney 27 4 202,404 212
South Eastern Sydney 293 46 279,226 291
South Western Sydney 989 253 328,858 317
Southern NSW 0 0 15,633 72
Sydney 185 56 185,506 266
Western NSW 1 0 31,586 111
Western Sydney 266 86 211,860
2 Likes

nothing screams credible protest like heaps of white people with dreadlocks

4 Likes

It will be so ■■■■■■■ demoralising if we got to Monday, and instead of an announcement lockdown will end, they announce an extension because of an infected idiot attending this event. I hope to god that we avoid that. Selfish ■■■■■

2 Likes

‘I intend to live the first half of my life. I don’t care about the rest’

Wisdom

1 Like

Melbourne and Adelaide will come out of their lockdowns on time, I’m sure some restrictions will stay but hopefully more L3.5 than L4 in SA

1 Like

They hold investigation open for a long time in the hope they can find an epidemiological link, weeks and weeks in some instances. If they can’t, they quietly write them off as mystery cases.

Heres some other facts:
This is my last post on the matter.
DYOR

Those ■■■■■■■■ won’t get tested if symptomatic until they’re borderline hospitalised.

This will spread unchecked like wildfire if any are infected.

1 Like

I’m assuming they haven’t tried the best way to get people to listen.

Please stop protesting!
And if you keep protesting, I’ll have to tell you again, please stop protesting!

2 Likes

■■■■■■■ fkwits.

1 Like

I’d be saying “you’re ■■■■■■■ kidding, aren’t you? Which News Corp organ do you work for?”

Thanks @Hesonlygotaleftfoot… I’ve added percents of mystery cases to the table from that page. Based on last week vs all-time, their gold standard tracers may not be all that much worse than usual… but they appear to be happy to have a substantial proportion of cases that they have no idea how they were infected.

That might be OK when you have bugger-all cases, but right now…

2 Likes

What are the federal reserves though?
Are these second doses being held on to?
What exactly are we reserving?

2 Likes

My assumption was they were for second doses, that is what they said when they released a bunch to Vic.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes