COVID-19 Round 14 - tiering into the abyss

If only Walgett man had not been granted bail …
If only Walgett man had not been arrested and sent to jail in Bathurst …

You must live near @Koala

1 Like

And in East Beach Fish and Chip shop in Port Fairy. I’m not a fan. I prefer the smaller ones.

1 Like

It’s not draining the swamp if by draining the lake you turn it back into a swamp.

2 Likes

You make him sound like a fossil.

Eating disorders have unfortunately had a huge uptick in the last 18months. Our waiting list for (adult) inpatient beds is large and growing

Best evidence suggests suicides have not increased

4 Likes

She has about 5 days left to influence 1st September’s number.

2 Likes

It was beautiful farmland and had a great golf course, according to my family members who have resided in Canberra before the Lake

Oh, she’s influencing it alright! Has been for weeks…

2 Likes

It’s been missed…
From above…
A woman in her 30s died at home. She was a close contact.
So…
Did she test positive?
Have close contacts been monitored for health?

This isn’t exactly the kind of age group you’d expect to die at home.

Is this acceptable? This is more common place in NSW but I thought this was a rarity in our outbreak last year. I’m sure it’s happened O/S but the publicised ones were with New York’s outbreak.

It’s amazing this is sort of a side show to ‘can you add more restrictions, etc’.
Not enough hard questions being asked.

1 Like

Those questions would be why it has been referred to the coroner (if I heard correctly?)

FWIW I have heard that the ‘Green Pass’ as it is being called is tentatively scheduled to commence 22 November and will involve vaxed people being able to live with less restrictions including freer interstate travel, no need to STFAH etc.

2 Likes

My guess is it will take the numbers being higher than the peak of Victoria’s second wave (i.e. when they go over 700) for the media and public pressure to become high enough that action is taken. And that will be around 14 days time, which will be too late.

Worth posting again.

10 Likes

And will never be answered at any future briefing.
Will just by a side note.
Really tragic this is happening.

For me the Liverpool Hospital outbreak and dying at home is what has been the worst parts of the outbreak.
And I’m sure there is more to come.

1 Like

An awful lot of people? or a lot of awful people?

I have zero problem with people who decide to remain unvaccinated without medical excuse being part of the daily numbers.

Fewer cases

1 Like

She is saving us from our zero covid policy - ‘the gilded cage’ - which is holding us back from rejoining the world.

To be fair, I don’t think they intended it but the Croxton party got away from them and by the time they realised it it was too late to get a handle on it without imposing restrictions which are too politically unpalatable.

When was this, and why wasn’t I invented. (Self described mayor of Croxton)

1 Like