COVID-19 Round 15 - welcome to Punxsutawney!

what’s the nsw tip for today?

Whatever it is, they blow past the total infection rate for the whole of Aus combined by their total alone.

Spring will be better than winter… more case numbers, certainly.

Gladys says…

67% at vaxxed, 1 st dose

Get vaxxed

1164 cases
3 deaths

2 Likes

I assume that is minus the ones they don’t want to class as covid related?

2 Likes

Gladys looking forward to a better Spring, so many things to be pleased about, the joy in her voice, including when she drops the numbers and deaths, it’s amazing

Hold the line! Does Rosanna know?

2 Likes

Whenever she feels down she just visualises money and instantly feels better

2 Likes

It’s the, ‘close to the “magic” 70%’ figure for me

No joy in Kerry’s presentation.

1 Like
1 Like

50yo, 80yo, 90yo are the three official deaths (keeping in mind the earlier allegation that some are not being counted).

That said, the (comparatively) low ratio of deaths is the one positive in all of this. We can argue about the 70 percent nonsense, but as long as the vaccines hold up it ultimately gives us a viable path out.

1 Like

But hang on. Anti-lockdown crowds have been telling us the opposite is true. All that die with COVID are being treated as dying of COVID. This would be a massive difference from the way deaths are being reported, if true.

(being social media, I treat it with healthy skepticism)

2 Likes

74 positive prisoners and 1 staff at Parklea - progressively rolling out vax for prison staff and prisoners.

Isn’t it funny that that the nationals want to be the ones to talk about how bad things are in their area? Didn’t he call the funeral selfish not long ago?

1 Like

:rocket: :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Maybe those poor people in Wilcannia need some more sports grants

I’d say Barlaro has been forced to do the regionals.
After all, it is a Coalition govt and he is Deputy Premier.

1 Like

End of life calls made from ICU units.

ICU patients are some of the sickest patients they’ve ever seen.

Entire families are in hospital.

ICU network is under extreme pressure. Toll on ICU nurses is immense.

Patients are young , fit but most patients are unvaccinated. Do it. Get vaccinated.

(This is all from an ICU nurse) .

5 Likes

Stressed out ICU nurse, voice quivering messaging please get vaxed.
Care ratios don’t change for Covid ICU, but a lot of Covid ones needs to be turned over on stomachs.

1 Like

Care ratios are two nurses per icu patient. Nurses from other fields are returning to ICU to help out.