COVID-19 Round 16 - A Percentage of Lies

NSW has told it like it was, people will note, looking back, pull the other one, infer journalists.
Journos ask Gladys how opening of national border would work while interstate closed She says she is having a conversation with the Feds, those bad States are not following the National Plan.
Gladys says not appropriate to pluck numbers out of the air , I think on resources.
Than goodness, Vic presser on now.

1 Like

Five people caught outside playing cards, all knowingly positive with Covid and repeat offenders, why won’t you lock them up?

Deadset irrelevant waffling follows about vaccine levels. Wtaf!? She’s Teflon, gets away with anything.

2 Likes

Dan on now. 36 of the 76 cases today were in iso.

52 in hospital, 16 in ICU of which 15 are on ventilators, aged between 38 and 72. Median aged of hospitalised cases is 49. Very few hospitalised cases are vaccinated

4 Likes

just wanna finish this important point

That’s your Blitz career summarised.

2 Likes

i just got

7 Likes

Median hospital age of 49.

1 Like

See how unimpressed I am?

2 Likes

Vax works.

Get jabbed.

1 Like

Dan says…

Right to go?

76 cases
45 linked
31 under investigation

36 in iso
841 active in Vic

32k vaxxed in state clinics

20% increase in getting jabbed

As more vax become available, we will increase state clinics and meet our targets

52 in hospital
16 in ICU
15 on Vent

38-72 years old are the ones on Vents.

Median age is 49 in hospital
48 in ICU

6 Likes

A brief note on antibodies, not perfect but what I’ve been able to extract from recent journals.

1. The SARS-CoV-2 virus is an enveloped RNA (Ribonucleic Acid). Viruses need to change rapidly and tend to use RNA as their genetic material. rather than the more stable DNA.
  2. The virus consists of 4 proteins known as the spike (S), envelope (E), membrane (M) and nucleocapsid (N) proteins. S and N are the main ones that generate most immunogenic antigens and the most antibodies.
  3. The spike(S)protein allows entry into the host. The spike is the target of the vaccines.
    The spike is the important one and the antibodies to the spike are the important ones.
  4. Our body fights the virus in various ways, with T cells and B cells and antibodies.
    There are three classes of antibodies mobilised to fight the virus, immunoglobulin IgG, IgA, and IgM. The two potent antibodies are IgG and IgA. The IgM dissipates after a few weeks. The IgG persist for more than 6 months after infection. Antibodies target both S and N-proteins.
  5. The vaccines generate antibodies (IgG, IgA, and IgM) against the S protein. Some of the early tests for antibodies tested for antibodies against the N-protein and were not sensitive to antibodies against the S protein. The better tests now test those antibodies. If you want to test for antibodies you need to wait at least 2 weeks after vaccination. The current tests do not provide a quantitative measure. The tests are based on assays called enzyme‐linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs). Most assays are qualitative, but they are now becoming more quantitative. Importantly, it is not just the number of antibodies but the quality of antibodies that matters.

The implication for us is that in the future we may be able to measure the levels of IgG and IgA antibodies but that won’t be the only measure of immunity because immunity also depends on T and B-cells. The US has adopted a standard of booster shots after 8 months. That might be what we have to live with. A further comment is that vaccine passports should really be issued three weeks after the second dose because that is when you have maximum protection. Issuing a vaccine passport six months after linked to vaccination rates of the population defeats the purpose of vaccination when protection declines over the six months,
An article in NY Times summarises some of the issues.

6 Likes

I’ve heard stories about magic and miracles before regarding COVID

2 Likes

Doctor from Austin ICU to give presentation
Going to get a hit for not delivering on a mental health expert.

Can we have a Pie Chart to show the percentage?

1 Like

is there a better stream for Dan’s presser? The Age Facebook stream is breaking up

abc youtube.

7 are streaming it on facebook also.

1 Like

Try ABC Facebook or YouTube stream

1 Like

No. Absolutely not.

2 Likes

I assumed that was because you ordered them in black and red, but the wrong colours arrived.

1 Like

Cant release restrictions with only 35 percent vaccinated. Projection is 10 percent of cases will need hospital care, system can’t cope.

1 Like