COVID-19 Round 16 - A Percentage of Lies

Andrews puffing the chest over AZ use in Victoria.

Went for 0, didn’t get within cooee of it, now to what’s the best we can handle.

Not having a bar of that

3 Likes

It’s safe, it’s effective.

Get it!

2.6M doses of it delivered in Vic.

the gladiator got it.

Dan says won’t be threshold step that guarantees more hospitalisation.

I know this is a humorous response to my post, with attached facts, but in the current environment, it might actually need a disclaimer…

Dan Andrews peer pressuring people to get AZ haha.

1 Like

They’re going to cancel the guns and roses tour hey?

2 Likes

5 Likes

I think this is the realistic approach to take. It’s not a free for all, which is why “the best we can handle” makes sense. It’s a careful balance between restrictions and hospitalisations. It’s finding the right tolerances for living with covid as an ongoing disease.

3 Likes

and

Unknown

You just crossed a line

1 Like

The case for optimism for the Victorian outbreak:

Depending on the true effect of vaccines and continued uptake, the worst case scenario under this model is that we peak at <300 cases in early October and it quickly comes down after that.

Best case scenario is that we’ve already hit our peak.

This projection bounces around a lot depending on case numbers, but it suggests slowing the speed of the outbreak has helped us avoid much bigger impacts.

12 Likes

They’ve lost the plot.

2 Likes

basically choice less now. Compliance plummeting and significant contributing factor to ongoing transmission. Holding the line at the current levels is not only going to not reduce transmission, it’s gonna drive more people to non-compliance. People have given up.

PIN THE TAIL ON THE DONKEY FOR 9/9!

Waaaaaaaaait… did they choose an a.s.s for that game deliberately? If so, I am sloooooooooooow.

1 Like

Why do you all hate @Chris_1993?

#nopiecharts

1 Like

Australia broadly has always referred to suppression, NZ refers to elimination
For Vics, eliminating is the ideal, not necessarily achievable in current circumstances

1 Like