COVID-19 Round 19 - Stick a Forklift in it

The headline the other day on some Steve Price (I think, one of those opinionista ##$@$#s) piece was “after 2 years of lazing around in leisure wear, public servants have to be back in the CBD the day after Australia Day, or be fired”

I didn’t click the clickbait link, but FFS,…

1 Like

Yep, we started back today for 25% back in office and will start ramping it up. Steve needs to get hospitality back up quickly with a election around the corner

5 Likes

3 Likes

Might have dodged the bullet!

1 Like

Parents and kids here have been able to go to special facilities set up for kids at testing sites - up till today, by appointment, no waiting in queues or having sites closed.
They will also be able to be jabbed at school sites in the near future.
IDK the NSW situation, but there were reports of teachers and others volunteering their time to get the classrooms retrofitted for ventilation in NSW schools.

WA press conference today ‘We are not going to be able to get this outbreak under control’.

3 Likes

I reckon they’re cooked. We all remember how this has gone. Stays the same, maybe even goes down slightly if you squint “it’s all good, we’ve got this”…then bang, Friday/Monday/Wednesday bump, which sets the new baseline,…

1 Like

Said the same yesterday. Any hope of containing to Perth/Peel were dashed with the transmission in Bunbury from one person at a lithium mine.
Strict controls on FIFO and others moving north and to remote communities has worked well so far.

sounds like it’s the shove a few people were waiting for.

Averaging 5k tests a day, ain’t much.

1 Like

I thought we were going awesome over here too when we had 15 cases a day. Boy did that escalate quickly :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

He also needs to start getting people to feel comfortable leaving their houses again so they can attend fringe events. No hope of winning the election if that turns into a fizzer.

24 cases at one of our APG DC’s and all 117 staff sent home and place shut down. Northern suburbs might be waiting a few weeks for deliveries

2 Likes

in VIC or SA?

Here in SA

2 Likes

thats weird our return to working in the office plan just got frozen until further notice.

TAR closed for 2 weeks between Port Augusta and Tarcoola thanks to the storm damage. With over 50% of WA’s domestic freight coming via rail it’s going to leave them short of supplies. Due to cost and onerous testing condition several trucking companies have already pulled out of WA and airlines have drastically cut back on freight flights to WA. Someone is going to need to pony up some big dollars to get freight moving over there or else there could be big issues in the coming weeks

1 Like

no more meat for wob then?

About all that happened at NatCab was agreement that Kiwi heavy duty licences can be valid here for 12 months ( if not expirng earlier)
Also something about Austroads bringing forward to February an interim framework for heavy vehicle competency testing.

1 Like