COVID-19 - March 23 to April 9

Pinprick test sounds a bit more pleasant than the swab

2 Likes

Sit yourself down in a cafe, nice clean stainless steel topped table?, schmick stainless steel chair arms?. Yeh, nah. virus can live on that surface for up to 3 days ! WTF

The study looked at the stability of the virus in air and on plastic, stainless steel, copper, and cardboard surfaces.
Under experimental conditions, it found that the virus remained viable in air for the entire three-hour experiment.
On surfaces it was more stable on plastic and stainless steel , than it was on either copper or cardboard .
No viable SARS-CoV-2 was detected on the copper surface after four hours , and on the cardboard surface after 24 hours .
Whereas it was still able to be detected up to 72 hours later on the stainless steel and plastic surfaces.

■■■■ imagine living in those kind of areas, where the world is ■■■■■■■■ on you everyday. How do you manage to want to go on with life?

4 Likes

That’s because if all these new people going on Newstart knew what people had to live on there would be a rebellion.

1 Like

I have found it ok in the past for tax etc. But it will be a logjam now. I would even consider logging on in the early hours to avoid traffic. I think the process for claiming assistance is relatively simple though.

And people with diabetes
And people with high blood pressure
And people with heart conditions
And people with low immunity due to cancer treatment, chronic fatigue etc
And people with any respiratory issues, Including asthma

Combined with the elderly I reckon that’s probably half the population.

7 Likes

Of Australia, I doubt people in Sudan, Syria and Afghanistan have high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Which is the point I’m getting at.

I reckon if I lived in Gaza my blood pressure would be pretty high! But yes I agree with you

6 Likes

Our business closes today. It is a hard thing to do but we have been planning for a few weeks now once we realised it was going to happen. We shifted our focus to being able to reopen, to looking after our existing customers and minimising/delaying outgoings. This has worked and we believe we will be ok and able to relaunch in say 6 months time.
I worry about businesses trying to retain revenue, please focus on minimising your costs. The revenue is gone and it can not be saved. Look after your staff and your clients first. The government support package is generous if used correctly.
In our downtime we are going to focus on our beautiful family, with our second due in july. We will also be focussing on expanding our knowledge and diversifyng our revenue streams for relaunch. Our success will be measured in 6 months time, not now. This can be an opportunity for some businesses if they treat it as such. For many with strong competitors, you are now on a level playing field. Accept the fear, accept the absurdity of it all, then make a plan. Good luck everyone!

25 Likes

Supporting Essendon over the last 15 years certainly doesn’t help keep blood pressure levels low.

8 Likes

I was made redundant from my job on Friday after a massive hit to the company’s revenue. I’m one of the lucky ones, got a payout and have savings. There is a world of pain coming for many people.

7 Likes

Daniel Andrews: “We won’t hesitate to levy the $20k fine on people who have broken their quarantine”
Reporter: “Have you levied it on any of the people you just told us have violated quarantine?”
Daniel Andrews: “No.”

5 Likes

You shouldn’t have to chew into your savings for this mate - the Govt needs to step in and protect everyone’s income.

Just saw that NSW announced that schools will be open but kids should stay at home? WTF? Amateur hour

3 Likes

Looks like Italy may have recorded 1000 less new cases than yesterday and 500 or so less than the day before. Hope like hell that this is the start of isolation/measures turning the tide.

22 Likes

America cases growing, more testing.

1 Like

F’ing mad at many of my fellow San Francisco residents. Our shut down allows for physical exercise outdoors as needed. Many people have taken this as an excuse to go out jogging in large groups all the time laughing and pretending everything is OK. Never seen so many joggers out even in normal times. Mostly young people not understanding the world of pain we are already in which is about to get much worse.

My mrs and I keep saying to each other that we are literally 10 days behind where Italy is right now and two weeks behind where Spain is right now. Why can’t people just read the news and realize what’s coming? The fact that our federal government has been trying since day 1 to downplay the severity doesn’t help. At least the state government here in California is trying to to take all measures into their hands.

7 Likes

Yep.
And shockingly…
Apparently they are no longer testing outside of hospitals in New York. That’s just parking ridiculous if true.
Also means their numbers for testing in hospitals won’t show up on stats for quite some time.

It’s a recipe for disaster.

The government only closed the borders at 9pm Friday…and then still unloaded the cruise ships…so the government policies have kept sprinkling us with coronavirus like its parmesan cheese…and then, less than 48 hours later, they act cranky because the numbers kept rising, and their calls for social distancing hasn’t cleaned up their mess…

1 Like

Some real journalism over the bus loads of hoarders, turns out there is zero evidence. I am shocked.

8 Likes