COVID-19 - Round 5 - Should've stayed the F**K home

26k tests.

Hire cheap operators, this is what happens.

unclear if in school or in home between siblings. Suggested there maybe wasn’t enough focus on testing children in family outbreaks initially and cases may have gone unnoticed but are now being picked up. Heightened community transmission also contributing factor. The first sign that schools in lockdown areas may be going remote for term 3.

1 Like

Roxburgh Park family cluster of 20 across 8 households.

■■■■ me. Selfish degenerate peasants.

■■■■■■■ burn the joint down.

6 Likes

Considering the ~6k tests on yesterday numbers reflect things are stabilizing to a degree.

On another note anyone know the hospital limits? We’re currently at 20 and it will only keep rising.

+31 community transmission!!

I’ll be gobsmacked if we’re not in total Melbourne Metro lockdown by the weekend.

2 Likes

well thats where the bulk of testing is occurring. So it stands to reason thats where they will find cases

5 Likes

How many of today’s cases are in hot spots?

It will keep jumping until we get the number under investigation down

1 Like

yep. long way from anything close to a flattened curve…

Haven’t seen a number but Sutton did say the majority.

1 Like

My suspicion from the recent rhetoric is that if the numbers stay under 100 per day, that we’ll stick to regional lockdowns in Melbourne.

There’s always a chance other suburbs, like those in Casey and Cardinia will also require lockdown at some stage

At this stage wouldn’t it be wise to just do a blitz of entire metro Melbourne? you refuse to get tested you get fined 1600, simple. Or is it logistically impossible to achieve?

Illegal. Can’t force people to test. Which is part of the problem in the stinking NW.

1 Like

If the numbers continue to plateau and people adhere to the restrictions then i think it will come right. It’s not the same as U.S where governors are actively fighting protective measures.

1 Like

I think you are still missing the reason for this latest outbreak. Its not that people were sitting too close to each other over coffee & it wasn’t too many people at Chadstone. It was 100% caused by congregating OS quarantine arrivals into confined hotels & then not have anywhere near adequate biosecurity measures in place to prevent further infections. Staff from these hotels were allowed to interact with infected guests, become infected themselves & then go back to these suburbs that have now been shut down.

People in the south east like people from every other part of Australia not directly effected by this Gvt farkup should still social distance of course but without having a concentrated source of the virus into those areas its silly to suggest its inevitable they will have similar outbreaks.

3 Likes

We are cooked.

BTW I see Australia is now a nice round 8000 cases.

I thought i heard Andrews say a few days ago technically they can enforce it under the health act or something.

1 Like

If only we had a group of representatives we elect to change laws in order to respond to safety issues.