COVID-19 Round 9 - vax on, vax off

All of Europe should do that for the time being. Unless it’s essential travel which of course there is given the countries rely on each other.

1 Like

NSW another donut day local. 1 OS
11.3k tests

3 Likes

Drop all border requirements for all states imo.

1 Like

Population of UK 66 million, high urban density , high social and economic integration with Continental Europe, English Channel narrower than the Pacific Ocean.

1 Like

So…
One year after…
They think it’s a good idea to isolate cases coming in from overseas…
Fark me…

If only they had done that from March…
We may not have had the UK variant…

5 Likes

I know what it is like but being an island they have the same advantages as Australia does and could have locked the place down with HQ and other measures. I think they will eventually have to go down that path unless they believe the vaccine is the silver bullet

they’re dealing with a virus not werewolves

3 Likes

Seb Coe on ABC saying billions of people want the olympic games to go ahead in Japan this year. Wow! I’m convinced.

2 Likes

you didn’t know you wanted it until he told you.

now thats leadership.

2 Likes

seems high

It is a lot simpler for remote Islands with sparse populations , surrounded by oceans and with self sufficiency in food , to lock down national borders and to restrict mobility within a national border.

1 Like

If they were dealing with werewolves, they’d probably allow people out on a full moon…

1 Like

So far up his own backside…

3 Likes

CoVid 2020 was just an emerging virus. 2021 may see more it experienced and match day fit!!

Absolutely but in comparison to the rest of Europe that has many land crossings between neighbours it should be in theory at least easier to safe guard. In reality it is a lot harder than that but it appears they haven’t tried anything at all

I feel sorry for the athletes, but I’ve come to hate the Olympics and the IOC with a passion.

No Olympics. No noses in the trough. The IOC would be besides themselves.

3 Likes

I love sport but the Olympics is the biggest snoozefest for me, couldn’t give a ■■■■ about it.

1 Like

@yaco55, I see a large part of Yau Tsim Mong has gone into lockdown. Over 150 residential apartments now surrounded by over 1700 cops and officials with residents not allowed to leave their apartments until tested and results returned.
Even after a negative test residents will be asked to stay within the area if possible.
Cant leave home for food and the government will supply food to individuals. Estimated up to 9000 people affected but being an old and densely populated area of the city with unregulated tenancy laws no one can predict an exact number

1 Like

I was surprised how relaxed junior basketball was this morning.

No check in, no masks and back to full length games.

It’s like Covid never happened.