Crichton Medal 2018 - Karmabomber: you were wrong!

And throw in 44 too. He was brilliant when Joe went down.

5 Likes

As I said, the coaches must have valued the role he was playing.

I don’t know what that role was, but I’m guessing that they thought it was important.

Tippa’s the only forward in the top 10. Perhaps he was one of the only ones playing to instructions early on when the forwardline was a mess, hence his early season votes

2 Likes

Not surprised by Tippa being in the Top 5, he didn’t miss a game from memory and he’d have his own role to play in the forwardline - applying pressure and still hitting the scoreboard - he would have been second to Devon in pressure numbers and was also good value when playing on ball, he always seemed to have reasonable clearance numbers despite spending little time in there.

I don’t know how Myers was most improved, surely it was a joke? If you were going to give it to a 30 yo then Baguely is more deserving.

1 Like

Surely Myers played better footy under Hird and Bomber than he did this year.

Bags says hello.

He wasn’t playing there in the first third of the season

He didn’t go forward until Neeld got the ■■■■

Indeed.

I was actually referring to the top 10 part, which I mistakenly recalled Bags was in, but that was prior to the last block of counting.

Cocaine’s one hell of a drug.gif

A veteran winning the most improved player is hilarious and a complete joke. More so if it was actually the case. Not sure if it says more about him or the club. Tippa anywhere near the Top 10 comes a close second. Guess the coaches don’t hold players to the same standards as Blitz does!

2 Likes

Was Zaka at the top before the injury?

I remember a lot of people thought he was having a bad season. Good to see the coaches didn’t.

1 Like

Thank FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK for that.

7 Likes

You nailed it - Tippa’s form was OK all season long, though he he had a stronger second half of the year - Some have unrealistic expectations or even a lack of understanding of the role of a small forward.

Not the point. Others played their roles far better.

More of an indication on how your brain works.

The ■■■■?

1 Like

Fully agree. Langford’s development in particular was stark from last year. I’d even throw Parish in there too, he was terrific after being dropped and then breaking his thumb. Just seems a strange choice IMO.

6 Likes

It would be really interesting to see a full breakdown of votes across all games.
Would be interesting to compare votes in some games versus the blitz perception in the Nobby votes

Congrats Dev super season and very well deserved

1 Like

Yeah unlike Blitz they are not wankers who think they know what is going on when they have no idea.

3 Likes