Crichton Medal 2018 - Karmabomber: you were wrong!

Just goez to show how little people, moreso myself, actually know about football. Cognitive dissonance is strong here at blitz.

1 Like

Walla in the top 5 is hilarious. Do they make this sh*t up?

4 Likes

Yes, Zaka was leading, albeit narrowly, at the 1st break, rounds 1 to 8

1 Like

Well to simplify it for the very simple like you, the other bloke and the flog from the west, sometimes you don’t have to get shiteloads of kicks or goals or even tackles to be in the best players on the ground. If you watched Walla at all this year, he brings enormous pressure to the opponents with the ball and does a great deal of unrewarded work (unrewarded by the simpletons) to support his team-mates who have the ball. Maybe you need to widen your field of vision or actually go to more games.

8 Likes

Last year, before my Trumble Box connection, the live stream was great. This year, not so much. Too much buffering to watch although all was OK up to just after Worsfold spoke.
I ping tested and found I was down to 10 mbps. Just had a thought. There is a very large film crew in town at the moment filming a feature apparently. Michael Caton and Sam Neill are around and perhaps the intertubes are getting a hammering because of the film crew etc. Before anyone asks. I don’t know any more about the feature film. I know that some weeks ago, there was a flyer distributed in the area looking for plenty of short term housing at extravagant rates. The car park at the Plantagenet town hall is chock a block with large caravans and trucks and associated stuff. I wonder what the film is.
Just had a look at imdb and saw that the film is called Rams.

Storyline

A decades-long feud between two sheep farming brothers comes to a head when disaster strikes their flocks.

I don’t understand why Tippa is getting ridiculed for running 5th.

People know he came 7th last year right?

People know his numbers this year were very similar apart from his goals being down a bit. Tackles were up and i’d guess pressure acts where too (although i can’t be arsed looking for stats on that sort of things

People know it’s weighted heavily towards players who played the most games? He played every game.
He was pretty much a certainty to finish top 10. The count was close so there wasn’t much difference between 5th and 10th

10 Likes

You mean to say you know more than big people?

Well he finished 12th in the Nobby, so I guess nobody on here knows what they’re talking about, champ.

I’m all about pressure acts, but in the first half of the year he was very average on that front too.

Tippa was ordinary early.
Perhaps he was carrying and the voters knew that.
Or perhaps he was Neelded?
Who knows.

Excellent point

Also very relevant is that it is five coaches that cast the votes. So five sets of eyes, all with similar but different skill sets and the smart sphincters on here know better.

1 Like

LOL.
Did a player play well?
It’s impossible to know, especially by watching.
You just can’t tell.

2 Likes

I really thought there were less and less imbeciles on here these days but you bob up again and again. Most improved means most improved. It’s not your local little league where trophies are handed out for psychological reasons. If nobody else improved as much as him then so ■■■■■■ what? To not give it to the most improved would be dishonest.

3 Likes

I’d love to see the vote breakdown from each round. When we think back at how bad our first half of the season was we think “oh player x was horrible”, well everyone mostly was, so someone had to get votes and it doesn’t tell me their form was incredible if they were getting votes during that period. And also yes, votes are heavily favoured to those that actually play 22 games and not 16 or 17. Zaharakis was never a chance.

Tippa had an excellent second half of the year undoubtedly but his two months were very poor and sloppy and went some way to contributing to the teams fate being sealed early. Same with Zerrett and same with a lot of his mates. I think Heppell had a lot of it in the first 10 weeks but was horrendous with his kicking, but like Zerrett said he lifted with his mates and Heppell certainly had a great second half of the year.

Myers winning most improved is one of the biggest jokes this club has mustered but you’ll have the usual brigade saying “oh you just a hater”. He’s a soon to be 30 year old who mustered 16 games, was dropped once, had a poor first few months turned it into a solid second half of the year and he wins it ahead of guys like Langford who was in playing VFL week in week out in a new role, came into the side and played magnificenetly from afair way back. Myers had better seasons than this one in 2013/14. Baffling. I just think it was a great club troll tho as no one really cares.

I think the first half base must have been low so so basically it was the second half B & F. I think the top 3 is about right and my prediction of Saad coming 4th came to fruition. Smith a deserving winner for being about the only player that played a full season. I think of Daniher and Fantasia finish in the top 10 next year we’ll be top 4.

1 Like

What has Myers’ age got to do with it? I’ll tell you - absolutely nothing that’s what. Explain to us (and the Club) why a senior player cannot be the most improved. Go on, give it a go. I am looking for another laugh.

4 Likes

Just a bit Ott with the brain comment I thought. But whatever.

TIPPA collected votes early (rounds 1-8), despite fairly awful form. Remember this is not necessarily BOG calls, but playing your role and possibly credit for playing through injury.

5 Likes

They are struggling to pass the time on Trade Radio. It’s painful.

I can see you’ve been triggered, so let me explain my dear friend. It’s because a guy at the base age of about 30 years old should have usually developed their bodies and career to a point by that stage, that an average to solid season of 16 games after about 12 years in the football season is not seen as a huge improvement. Myers thought it was hilarious.

Meanwhile a guy in Langford who’d played 6 games of senior football last year going into this year, dropped after Round 2 for almost 2 months, works in a role he’s not accustomed to, works his ■■■■ off, comes back and by the end of the year is seen as a major piece in the future of the clubs midfield. If that’s not an exceptional improvement from the club than I have no idea what is. Also though Guefli to go from state leaguer to best 22, McKenna’s rise over the last few years to an important piece of the backline puzzle, Bellchambers’ rise this year and to also finish 5th in the best and fairest amongst others would have been far more worthy. Get your defensive blinkers off.

1 Like

can you guys please stop typing so loudly? :shushing_face:

5 Likes