Crichton Medal 2018 - Karmabomber: you were wrong!

Yep in our democracy even the crazy are allowed to speak.

1 Like

I think it actually is/was top ten players for each game, not all of them.

1 Like

We have distinctly failed to Honour Conour.

1 Like

I thought so too, … but I checked. and lo & behold he’s spot on. Changed in 2017.

The W.S. Crichton Medal

… The voting system as of the 2017 AFL season), consists of five coaches giving each player a ranking from zero to five after each match. Players can receive a maximum of 25 votes for a game.

2 Likes

Firstly well done Devon

Comparing the B & F to the Nobby
1-4 the same
Tippa 5th T Bell 6th

Nobby

1st Devon Smith 53
2nd Dyson Heppell 42
3rd Zac Merrett 31
4th Adam Saad 23
5th eq. Tom Bellchambers 22
5th eq. Jake Stringer 22

The only miss was Jake Stringer - and he is probably looked after a bit better in Nobby due to his flashes of brilliance getting him in the top 5, but he did lack consistency and also had injury problems.

3 Likes

I couldn’t give a single fck about the opinion of a man who sits there thinking that unless you watch and rewatch every second of every player and every video available who have no right to form a differing opinion. Do you actually think the coaches all sit there analyzing every performance through the week and forming their votes on Friday night after a week of indepth analysis trying to get the exact science of the votes to perfection? No, you’re a triggered fool who saw me type the word Myers and instead of forming and coming to a logical and sensible opinion about a 30 year old man winning the wising star of players like Langford. there’s no perfect options, there’s no science, otherwise Mark Neeld wouldn’t have been canned a few months in…did he have a lot of footage at his disposal? you don’t need indepth analysis to state the obvious.

And I didn’t come up with a plausible explanation for saying Myers shouldn’t have won the rising star? Here’s a copy and paste from what I literally stated a few posts back:

“t’s because a guy at the base age of about 30 years old should have usually developed their bodies and career to a point by that stage, that an average to solid season of 16 games after about 12 years in the football season is not seen as a huge improvement. Myers thought it was hilarious.”

"guy in Langford who’d played 6 games of senior football last year going into this year, dropped after Round 2 for almost 2 months, works in a role he’s not accustomed to, works his ■■■■ off, comes back and by the end of the year is seen as a major piece in the future of the clubs midfield. If that’s not an exceptional improvement from the club than I have no idea what is. Also though Guefli to go from state leaguer to best 22, McKenna’s rise over the last few years to an important piece of the backline puzzle, Bellchambers’ rise this year and to also finish 5th in the best and fairest amongst others would have been far more worthy. "

Let me know when you’re able to form your own viewpoints and I’m happy to continue the discussion sensibly.

1 Like

That really was a good explanation why Myers shouldn’t have been most improved.
I mean, I don’t care, but if you’re going ‘you have no argument’…sorry, no.
He really does.

And yours is ‘you’re not a coach so you don’t get an opinion.’
Which is tres lol.

3 Likes

Sensibly would be a change. You are definitely dribbling now. You are just repeating what you dribbled earlier, absolute nonsense. You are also, in a very obtuse way verballing what I have said. Take a valium and come back later.

I want to see your official “I’m one of the 5 coaches” badges before you’re allowed to have that opinion.

And if it’s a Mark Neeld badge then you can leave it on the desk.

No idea.
Before last night I didn’t know everyone who plays gets a vote.
Very odd system.

Well done to Myers on a super consistent year but srsly most improved Conor or Langford suuuurely

2 Likes

I’d wager the most improved has something to do with the B&F voting system.

That’s how they gave out the ‘best under 21’ player.
So effectively whoever played the most games is more likely to win the award.

Oh ■■■■!! Tell me when it’s safe to come out of the closet!:flushed:

2 Likes
1 Like

Do you not see that it is from zero to five and nowhere does it say that every player gets a vote (a positive vote) they could get a zero in every game. I think the Club website says "between 0 and 5 which strictly, pedantically excludes both zero and five but it obviously includes 5 so logically it also includes 0.

So you’re an Elite wanker then?

1 Like

No because I don’t pretend to know what is going on inside the club.

Well done, Devon Smith - a deserving winner. If all players showed the same energy and enthusiasm we;d be top four, easily.

2 Likes

Eh, you know what. And let’s not sugar coat it, i reckon Myers got most improved due to him staying on the park. Being the most durable he’s probably been for years. It’s reward for getting through a season and I thought his second half of the year was okay. He probably has played his best football for 4 years

He might not have been the most improved. In fact he wasn’t. If you legit think he’s the most improved on the list ahead of say, Langford or Mckenna then you’re actually crazy and probably related to David, but I see it as nothing more than recognition for being a solid contributor and having some pretty fkn good games (a few were actually really good)

Look, he’s not the future and I’m hardly a huge Myers fan, but he is not as bad as people make out. he’s obviously loved at the club. I reckon we can let it slide this year.

8 Likes

Look, apart from the Crichton, and the Trainers Award, which I actually rate, (congratulations Devon & Dyson) -
Don’t look too hard.
This is the club that put The Langford in the GF sprint, and Zerrett in the Longest Kick comp after all.