Crichton Medal 2018 - Karmabomber: you were wrong!

I know right,?? … you’d have to be Crazy to do that, … :smirk:

1 Like

Who’s upset? Mostly surprise from what I can read

Seems like players can earn up to 25 votes a game and 22 x 25 = 550 votes. Any player who totaled 275 votes got an average of 2.5 votes per coach per game.
At 370 votes out of 550 Smith only averaged around 3.36 votes per coach per game. Tippa averaged 2.68 pcpg, and Goddard at 10th averaged 2.43 pcpg.
Not much in it really. Pretty hard to get a 5 and blokes from 4th -10th fighting for 2’s and 3’s.

1 Like

Also interesting to note that Stringer was quite high in the voting before he did his calf. It ■■■■■ me to tears to hear the media (Carey, etc) say that his midfield experiment didn’t work and that they always thought his best position is forward blah blah told ya so… But the reality is that his last 2 games in the midfield before injury read:

Tigers - 29 disposals (16 contested), 9 clearance (5 centre clearances)
Lions - 22 disposals, 9 tackles, 3 goals

Then got injured, then returned quickly because Stewart, Daniher, Raz were all out of the team for different reasons. For structure we needed him up there, not because the midfield experiment failed. I’ve still got very high hopes he can be a 70/30 Dustin Martin type mid/forward.

8 Likes

Nah mate, people are going BANNANAS and full of OVERREACTION.
1 Myers post is the equivalent of 3000 baseless trade rumour posts.

1 Like

I realise Blitz as a whole is a big completely unpredictable ever-evolving sometimes monstrous creation, but believe it or not I was actually referring to the over-reactions of some individuals.

We can all agree that Myers getting most improved was surprising… yeah?

3 Likes

Wowee, who’s done that?

Let’s not use such strong words and make it an OVERREACTION… how about mildy above the norm for expectations?

4 Likes

Yeah it definitely was surprising. Personally I would have chosen Langford but I trust the club to make a more informed choice than what I would.

Daniher has to a big show for most improved next year

5 Likes

Surely Colyer vs. Freo at Etihad is 0 worthy

Well his set shots have been deplorable so there’s plenty of room for improvement.

Agree with all of this… but apparently you’re not allowed to think this because you’re not on the inner sanctum? any differing viewpoint is disallowed according to a few deluded people here.

Myers had a solid year and good on him for getting on the park, I’m hoping he peaks later on in his career and maybe get himself a top 10 finish himself next year. I’d also like to see Fantasia and Daniher feature as it’d mean we’d be top 4.

1 Like

They weren’t too bad in 2017 after the Melbourne game

you

1 Like

Yeah he kicked about 20 in a row after that (no misses, not all set shots though).
Was a different story this year though.

Myers getting the award was a surprise, for sure. You’d expect it to go to one of the kids who cemented himself, but maybe Myers really evolved himself this year and we still underrate him. He’s definitely stood up without Jobe around, he’s played a few different roles plus he’■■■■■ the scoreboard at critical times too.

Maybe it shows the young blokes not to get too complacent, you can still improve a heap no matter your age.

Oh I did? When did I do that?

I seem to recall saying that there were better options than Myers to win rising star… but I never seem to recall saying that I had inside club knowledge or that I was infact the much vaunted Trade Whisperer.

1 Like

Just remembered Daniher won last year, boy I hope he gets it together next year.

1 Like

I think it’s fair to say the reaction to the reaction was the overreaction.

3 Likes