Cricket Part II

Ignore my previous post.

2 Likes

Eight days 'til Perth.

1 Like

Very strong bowling in both innings and a very good batting effort in the first innings.

Marsh doing well, while Handscomb is a tough one to keep in. Do you give him one more chance, or send him to shield to sort himself out? Should do better in Perth, but hasnā€™t done enough to justify staying in.

Starc gets the chocolates with 5 for. Marsh should be motm. His brother will be playing in the next test at the expense of Handscomb. Bank it.

I thought weā€™d win by 100 runs. Wrong againā€¦ sigh.

1 Like

Never in doubt, always knew we would win (except for when i didnā€™t earlier).

5 Likes

Was that the fentanyl talking?

Where have the panic merchants gone?
Possible cracked ribs for Overton topped off the day

1 Like

Got worked up over nothing. Had lunch breaks last longer than todayā€™s play

4 Likes

Canā€™t believe there is a team with less fight in them than Australia when their backs are to the wallā€¦

2 Likes

Heā€™s gone I reckon. Australia will want another bowler on a flat WACA deck and heā€™s the one out of form. Marsh or Stoinis will replace him.

Or they may pick Maxwell.

WHat an astonishment surprise

Apart from being in rubbish form, Handscomb is (unusually for an Aus batsman) renowned more as a player of spin than pace. Iā€™m sure England will stick with their 4 prong pace attack for Perth and (if anything) the pitch will be a little quicker and take a little less spin.
Bottom line, if weā€™re going to drop him for any game in an australian home series, it would be Perth. And if weā€™re going to drop anyone on form itā€™d be him, now.

Thereā€™s an argument not to mess with a winning side, but Maxwell was stiff to get dropped and heā€™ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  almost 600 at about 80 so far this season. I donā€™t think heā€™s ever had a chance to play at home.

Fark off England. All talk and canā€™t back any of that up.

Letā€™s go with that.

2 Likes

On form heā€™s the 3rd best of the 4 WA all-rounders.

The selectors want another pace bowler for Perth. The ideal attack for the WACA is 3 quicks, a medium who can move it both ways but can also hit the deck hard and a spinner. For me that means Mitch is right in the equation. If they choose just to replace Handscomb with a batter then Maxwell is probably it

The selectors rate him highly. It wouldnā€™t surprise me if he was picked. Missed a couple of Shield games because of family reasons and his first game back he didnā€™t set the world on fire, but was solid enough for them to maybe pick him.

And we know how much they seem to hate Cartwright and MMarsh, who are both in reasonably good form!