Cricket Part II

He seems scared and not attacking like he used to be. He just needs to come out and go after them iwht intent like Smith is doing.

However in his last 8 innings he has scored 2 hundreds, an 87 and a 47. He isn’t going too badly.

1 Like

■■■■■■ good day at the cricket

Ali was the crowd favourite at third man where we were sitting. Chants and a bit of banter, was good fun

It sucks you can’t have blow up beach balls floating through the crowd, and multiple times our beer snakes got taken away. Fun killers them security guards were

I don’t understand why they’ve banned beach balls. What ■■■■■■ damage can they do?
Don’t tell me people were complaining about them

Uniqueness of the WACA pitch…stuff of legend, of a gone by era, of Curtly Ambrose 15 ball over to Shane Warne in 1997.

The current WACA pitch, much like every other pitch in the country is as boring as bat ■■■■ and is now designed to draw the game out for as long as possible to maximise revenue for CA.

The uniqueness of the WACA pitch…not for at least 15 years. We’ve got 6 Adelaide Oval pitches now with the advent of drop in pitches.

2 Likes

Anyone else reckon the selectors are hoping Smith and S. Marsh now go on and put on a 200 run partnership, so when Mitch comes in he can chase quick runs and maybe score a quick fire 50 which will earn him at least another 15-20 Tests before being danger of being dropped again.

You missed his bowling, didn’t you?

Mitch is a bowling/batter all rounder. Dah

He bowled 9 overs out of 115, massive massive help to the bowlers, and only went at 5 runs an over so at least tied down an end.

1 Like

No one was complaining at all. They literally grabbed them and popped them with their pens. It’s fair to say they copped a absolute verbal hiding

Was economical for his first 7 then got some tap for two overs when that partnership was going. Cummins was bowling at the other end at the time and they were even more brutal against him. Bowled a handy 5 overs leading up to the new ball so the quicks were fresher when it was due. Only bowled to the two centurions during the innings and because of England’s pitifull capitulation didn’t have the luxury of boosting his figures against the tail. So, you know, context. He wasn’t amazing, but not bad either. He’s also only just back to bowling after a shoulder reco, so can only get better with more bowling.

But: If he’s batting in the top 6, he needs to make runs. Big day for him.

Nice ton.
I’d say more but, you know, superstitious.

England’s field to start the day is ■■■■

They honestly have nfi. Root is a idiot. Smith dictating everything. Unless he makes a mistake, with this bowling and fields he’ll make 200

Hypothetical:
If we could take one player from England, would it be Root or Overton?

Root, even though Overton does look like Begley’s older brother. I think we need the extra batting more than the incremental improvement we’d get from Overton.

He looks like he could average low to mid thirties with the bat, though…

Overton is a good developing player. Root would be a better batsman if he wasn’t captain, he isn’t able to cope with the extra pressure. Some can, like Smith, but not all.

That looked like dreadful fielding.

I’m generally wary of taking into account batting with bowlers, beyond whether or not they’re complete bunnies, because they’re often so inconsistent, or getting their average boosted with a bunch of not outs.

I know it’s not really rational, but I’d rather the extra 17-18 runs for Root over Marsh than Overton over Hazlewood, and I guess Root can bowl a bit.

1 Like

Bizarre.
Didn’t look like he needed to have his bat anywhere near that.

Spud.

Rip smarsh