Cricket Part II

edge

No way you can tell from that

Khawaja robbed, that should never have been given.

2 Likes

■■■■■■ unlucky, WACA pitch, hits high knee roll and given.

You look at the Bancroft one as well, that’s two that have gone against us that shouldn’t have.

Shocking call but we have had a fair run this series

Had a couple decisions go our way too so it balances out.

Is it worth maybe sending out Paine now and just skip over the 2 marsh brothers?

Khawaja doing his best Watson impersonation, not going onto big scores.

Unfortunate.

Root dropped/didn’t even go for the edge earlier in Khawaja’s innings so lucky to have still been in as is.

I know it was only umpire’s Call but how can it be a shocking call when it was hitting?

Because it wasn’t hitting. Would of gone over by an inch, ball tracker is an absolute steaming pile of horseshit

1 Like

Maybe…

Speaking of ball tracker, it’s the same technology as used in the tennis isn’t it?
If so, why is there so much more confidence in it for tennis? Is t because the courts are smaller so the cameras are a lot closer and therefore more accurate?

I agree however if it was the old days before hawkeye, he would have been out while Bancroft would still be batting.

Similar however the tennis one is using direct tracking. So it tracks the ball as it hits the ground.

In LBW it uses a predictor to say whether it was going to hit or not because, obviously, the leg got in the ay for them to track.

1 Like

Ah yes… oops… obvious difference

This is a really good test match so far and highlights the benefits of the long game compared to 50 overs or 20/20.
If only we had a stronger batting line up. We are lucky that our only world class batsman is maybe one of the best in the last 50 years.

1 Like

You don’t think Warner is world class?

With the 100% honesty I did. His average is still excellent but I just feel he has been worked out to some extent. He seems more miss than hit these days.

Just on the reviews, i know there are a lot of people that don’t trust the technology but they still get more decisions right then they used to before they had it.

Re the umpire’s call when only part of the ball is in line or hitting. I reckon they should remove that and just consider it out when only part of the ball is hitting or in line.
The batsmen have lots in their favour these days and that would be one thing to even it up a tiny little bit.

Something extraordinary would have to happen for it not to be a draw with the rain expected on the last two days