Cricket Part II

MOTM Cummins

You kidding? Doesn’t seem very high standard to me tbh.

MOTS Smith

I guess we’ll find out when Australia goes over there

What?

He was talking about the current test going on which doesn’t seem very high standard tbh, not what is going to happen when we get there.

Yep I understand that. Why would it not seem high standard? Just because of the scores?
The parts i’ve watched seemed pretty good although granted some of the shot selection could be better.

It is no better than our set of tests. People like to paint this picture that this series was crap while others are better. So far from what i have seen they are on a level.

I know a lot on here like to talk down the Aussies but they played pretty good cricket and won the series 4=0, let’s not put that down (and I am not referencing you aboods).

1 Like

The presentation stage was embarrassing.

Meanwhile…

2 Likes

The aussies probably did play good cricket. The bowling attack certainly seems very good.
It’s just a little bit hard to judge how good we were when we were only challenged for small periods in most tests and England seemed to fly the white flag at times.

It will certainly be a fascinating series against South Africa and it will be good to watch some competitive test cricket. As long as our fast bowlers stay fit I think we’re a reasonable chance.

He was a ridiculous selection. Anyone close to him was saying he was not ready and had severe restrictions in terms of what he could do on the field due to his stage in the recovery.
Lynn himself has said he can’t train properly but they selected him anyway. Then Smith came out and said Maxwell needs to improve his nets/ training work. WTF?

2 Likes

Nah, according to a large proportion of keyboard warriors online “it’s called fkg summer” and to “just harden the fk up.”

1 Like

Lynn’s selection is all Geeves fault.

It’s true though. At grade cricket and local cricket even there never was a heat policy until about 15 years ago. It’s all about being smarter like they do with tennis and other sports. At grade cricket if it was above 44 we had drinks every 10 overs and extended lunch and tea breaks by 15 minutes, the square leg umpire carried water and there bottles strategically placed around the boundary and in the sprinkler covers. There are plenty of ways to manage the heat better but if would cost CA too much money otherwise why do games have to start so late? Start them at 8am if it’s going to be extremely hot. Even now in our junior comp if it’s predicted to be over 36 we start an hour early

Well, yeah. Adapting to conditions is obviously a good idea. I think they cancel junior games in my area if it’s predicted to get over 40.

Is there more of a giraffe in cricket than Silk?

1 Like

Lol! Saffies 7/95. Game on!

1 Like

Sth African batting looking decidedly shaky, albeit in bowler friendly conditions. Our attack will definitely be in the game over there. Can see it being a bowler dominated series…

1 Like

Steyn comes out to bat with the Saffies 207 ahead. Got a feeling this is going to ba a thriller.My only wish is for Kohli ito be dismissed for < 10. Don’t care who wins.

ABdV loses his wicket goin’ the tonk. 208 for India to pull off the win