Cricket Part II

Have never understood this - temperature is what the temperature is. I realise official readings are taken in the shade but it doesn’t mean it’s any hotter in the middle. It’s was still only low 40s the way temperature is measured.

Anyway great to win 4-0. Also pleased to hear so many of younger bats are taking up spots on a county list to gain more exposure to English conditions.

1 Like

Fark. It’s moments like this I wish I had Foxtel.

The difference between shade at 3pm and full sun with limited breeze at 5pm can be very big.

I’m a bit torn. I’d like to see the SA attack tear through the Indian order. Depends on how they do it. I don’t want them with their tails up too high before we get there.

Both openers gone fir India - 2/30. Kohli to the crease. Whaddya got, Kohli?

1 Like

So is the Richardson from scorchers the one who got picked for the ODI team?

Yep.

Pujara gone to a beauty from Morkel. 3/49.

And after a bit of a partnership, Philander gets Kohli and Sharma quickly - 5/76

1 Like

Poor Virat

2 Likes

6/77 now for India

Scorcher should cruise home as well. 10 an over but on my 2 down

Fark Virat is the Cricket equivalent of Fark Carlton

2 Likes

Yep, not a fan of him. The past 2 seasons he has struggled against good bowling. Had a horror series against us in 2017 as well. Is he a flat track bully or just out of form (or overrated)?

Definitely dominates at home and has a good record in Australia. He dominated against England in India in late 2016 he scored 655 runs @ 109 - basically identical to what Smith did this summer. His most recent home series against Sri Lanka saw him score 610 runs in a 3 test series. So really it was his series against us and his record in England which is bad. Over in England he’s so bad it makes some of our team looks good. From 5 tests he has a highest score of 39 and averages 13.4.

Another thing about Virat is that he averages 50 or more in all 3 international formats.

I would rather Smith any day!

77 to win.

8 down. 50 run partnership broken.

That’d be about it.

and 9 down…

and foxsports just missed the last wicket going to an ad.

Fkheads.

1 Like

Moeen Ali
Ashes Stats: 179 runs @19.88, 5 wickets @115

Remember, he was picked as their number 6 batsmen (initially) and their “spinner”.

He he he… that is truly pitiful!

2 Likes

He was screwed from the start. Spin finger had a big cut on it. Would never have got it right.

Reckon all confidence gone after that and the Lyon had him bamboozled batting wise

Very ordinary series from him!

He only hurt his finger in the first test. Issue was a side strain in the lead up meant he did little bowing prior to Brisbane. As for his batting the less said the better.

1 Like