Cricket Part II

It’d be hard to get the VC to make the shift. Has he ever batted anywhere else?

1 Like

Four 50s and a ton from 13 one-dayers is pretty reasonable.

So I take it they’ve decided to potter about for the next 20 overs now?

No…someone here said he was hopeless.

1 Like

If there was ever a bowler you could sit back on, surely it’s Ali.
I don’t know how many wickets he’s picked up from brain explosions, but I’m pretty sure it’s all of them.

2 Likes

I’d love to see Maxwell come in and win the match.

1 Like

■■■■ me.

You know it’s not your day when Ali catches you like that. FFS.

1 Like

5 innings, 112 odd runs avg of 20.40.

Smith should be thanking his lucky stars he is captain, otherwise he may have gotten the tap on the shoulder himself.

Maybe not his day with willow in hand but encouraging signs with the ball today. The best I’ve seen him bowl since his shoulder reco - bent his back and pace was good. Will be a handy fifth bowler on the South African pitches if he can replicate that at Test level.

1 Like

No. Not even close.

It’s really not a surprise to see our Test guys not firing in this series, it was an afterthought. The focus was Ashes and nothing else.

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

1 Like

Should have rotated them through the series early on. Hazelwood sick for first 2 didn’t help but eitger warner or smith should have been rested

1 Like

Stoinis in full beast mode is an impressive thing to watch.

Stoinis departs for 87, caught by Curran after hitting a low full toss to deep mid-on. If he and Maxwell continued they’d have won it in a canter. Maxy now has to anchor this innings and get us home.

Again, if Paine goes out reasonably quickly, we’re a show here.

Paine can not possibly be the best keeper in the country at the moment

Fair delivery that.

You can blame this loss on stoinis. Already had 6 Off the over then decides to take on the long on and got caught.

Now we are down to Paine and the bowlers