5/81

26 wickets @ 17.57, 4x 5WI
4x 5 fa’s in his first 7 innings!

Most 5 wickets in an innings 2017/18
4 - Nick Winter (163.3 ov)
2 - Luke Feldman (210.0 ov)
2 - Trent Copeland (275.3 ov)

4 Likes

Tell us about him ace. Is he tall? Is he swing or seam (or both)? What speeds is he roughly at?

The 2019 Cricket World Cup qualifiers are on in Zimbabwe at the moment. I seriously can’t comprehend the ICC’s decision to shrink the number of teams to 10 whilst most other world cups are getting bigger. Just shows that money rules the roost and the round robin format guarantees plenty of it given India and Pakistan will play at least 9 games. How the ICC divides it cash is such a joke as well. More money to big countries than to developing cricket nations.

Of the 10 teams competiting in Zimbabwe only 2 qualify. This includes 4 test playing nations The West Indies, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and Ireland - plus Nepal, UAE, PNG, Scotland, Hong Kong and the Netherlands. Personally I would have at least 8 of these teams there for the World Cup. The more countries the better.

Interesting upset in the first matches with Scotland knocking off Afghanistan. Today the Windows are throwing their weight around against PNG- Chris Gayle with a big hundred.

What’s wrong with supporting your team-mates during play - Phrases like ’ your too quick for his reflexes ’ or ‘he is worried about the short ones’ or ‘he can’t pick your flipper’ - This way you are supporting your team but not DIRECTLY sledging an opponent - I’ll add the umpires do an apalling job and could quickly stop sledging if they intervened - When will society grow up and realise sledging is childish.

2 Likes

Are you serious with your post or do you suffer short term memory loss - You only have to remember Warner speaking into the stump mic to inform the world of Bairstow’s Liverpool kiss - You are a poor
cheerleader.

1 Like

I like this.

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/kevin-sheedy.jpg

“At no stage was Quinton’s family mentioned, that’s 100 per cent false,” Paine said.

“I don’t know how their team manager can hear from where he’s sitting.

“It’s extremely disappointing … they’ve come out now and said a few things that are just blatantly untrue.”

Paine highlighted the fact neither umpire objected to anything Australia said to de ■■■■ on day four.

“If you’re crossing the line, the umpires will intervene, and they didn’t,” the Tasmanian said.

“We spoke about cricket stuff and a few little things with his fitness.

“There was nothing we said that was inappropriate.

“We like to make them feel uncomfortable out there, but we don’t cross the line and bring people’s wives and family into it.”

2 Likes

Warner charged with a Level Two offence for “bringing the game into disrepute”.

Tell me that didn’t send a shudder down your spine #flashbacks

Ian Chappell

How dare Chappell speak against Australian players.

2 Likes

Having a go at the coach/CEO?

He didn’t, he spoke against the coach and CEO.

He is also a hypocrite who still tries to claim his sides didn’t sledge, despite a number of old WI players saying they most certainly did.

The nerve.

1 Like

Ian Chappell is spot on with what he said

Smith did talk before the series about targeting Rabada. Well maybe now SA will start targeting warner and try and get him suspended by pushing his buttons.

You can’t go on about head butting the line and being aggressive etc and then complain when someone does the same.

The worst part of all is people should be focusing on how well Australia played in the first match and the quality of their cricket,yet that has barely been mentioned

2 Likes

Warner would have spent the entire day giving it to him and either pushing up to or crossing the line, and then acts like a peanut when he copped something back.

3 Likes

On this point I believe this is exactly why the footage was made public in South Africa. It served two purposes - it pushed Warner’s buttons as a key player and it also took the focus away from how good Australia was and how relatively poor South Africa were. Also has heated up the series.

1 Like

The whole point that was missed was the way warner went on like a total farkwit that is when he run they guy out…seriously they way some of them go on is beyond belief…

As for warner im surprised sonny bill hasn’t rang him in support lol

I’m with you. Know your place Chappell, it’s Michael Clarke’s role to slag the Aussies, not yours

I think theres a big difference that people are missing, either on purpose of being naive.
To say oh warner sledged him so he should just cop it back blah blah.
If he hasnt mentioned any other players wives or that , then others have no right to mention his.

I donno if what he or any aussie has said has come out, but therrs a big differencr between sledging a person and sledging a players misses, or kids etc.

While not nice im not against it as a sledge persay, but on as a retaliation to an equally bad sledge , not just a oh we got in my head and won so ill just bag his missus.

1 Like