Cricket Part II

Of course, Khawaja’s been making a pile of runs…

Not sure your theory has basis considering the shield finished this week and Maxwell only left for South Africa on Wednesday. He was only flown over as cover if a batsmen got injured before the match given the two openers and Handscomb were always likely to play. The point re Khawaja getting dropped is valid but given there were 3 forced changes it was unlikely to happen.

Lol
He is a middle order batter and will only get a gig if there is a spot at 5,6 or possibly 4 at a stretch. Renshaw and Burns had to come in at the top which really only left Handscomb and Maxwell for the last spot and Handscomb has been over there all tour so deserved a run. Khawaja would have been dropped if not for this debacle and I don’t think they wanted to replace our whole top 4. Maxwell will be in the mix for the next series

1 Like

Hope Burns and Renshaw both rack up some runs.

2 Likes

Yeah, Qld (with Renshaw) beat Tas. - but does Sutherland know that ? :slight_smile:

Given disruption with the loss of both openers and the captain (best batsman around), we’re unlikely to win anyway, so we might as well give Khawaja his reward and play Maxwell.

I used to be a fan of Khawaja’s, but he’s had long enough to fix his weakness against spin: time to show him the door. Renshaw, Burns, S. Marsh, Handscomb, Maxwell, M. Marsh wouldn’t look too bad.

Atleast now the camera men can do what they do best in South Africa.
Markram’s missus gave her best Sharon Stone impression lol

5 Likes

Saw that as well. She will be remembered forever now

@aceman does Sayers often bowl with the keeper up in Shield cricket?

Not very often. He is struggling a bit today as was expected

Just with nerves and the circumstances?

Faf should stick to roughing up the ball. Sure can’t bat at the moment. That is one of the worse dismissals you will ever see for a top order test batsmen!

bang bang. cummins on a hat trick

2 Likes

He has been really really poor with the bat this series.

1 Like

Last one on this

Also

fark everything about SA cricket at the moment. From their grubby off field tactics, leaking footage, grubby captain, grubby cricket board, players being physical on field, grubby supporters on the ground.

The whole series has been a complete lack of respect, but we are the bullies (which is a label we are wearing)

But the final straw for me

A massive get farked to the pack of animals that went out of their way to harass Smith as he was leaving the airport

That moment was for me, was much more than cricket (best leave that for another thread) - but showed their true character

I hope CA take the time to review the merits of touring there again. I am sure the 26 spectators that turn up to each match won’t mind

1 Like

Ok mate.

1 Like

The individual pressers given by Smith and Bancroft and soon to be Warner is a massive failure - There is no way CA should have ever sanctioned this turn of events - Another fail by CA - It’s ironic that Lehmann is worried about his family when he allowed and encouraged such poor behaviour by his team - It’s also ironic that Jim Maxwell showed ‘crocodile tears’ on air when describing his disgust at Australia’s action during the test, yet I struggle to recall him criticising Australia’s behaviour in the past - Far too many people jumping on the bus which will soon get a flat tyre.

1 Like

Dave Warner presser at 11 am. Anything could happen.

Good cricket podcast for those who are partial to that kind of thing: The Final Word with Geoff Lemon and Adam Collins. Their most recent ep on the events of the past week is excellent. Very thoughtful analysis. Worth a listen!

2 Likes

6/300 at stumps is clearly the batting sides day, but Cummins being on a hatrick at one point and two late wickets to Sayers has given us some reward in a tough situation.

I feel like we’re in the game but we really need to do something we haven’t done since the first Test, and that’s capture the last 4 wickets very cheaply. If we can keep them under 370 it will give us a chance

I think we’re always in the game with the ball, even without Starc. Cummins always looks likely to get a wicket, had some good shape happening at times.

It’s our ability to post 350+ that I have doubts about, even if we’re mentally capable.

2 Likes