Cricket Part II

More circumstances. Was picked 12 months too late unfortunately. He is a real form and rhythm bowler and had those couple of years where he took wickets for fun and wasn’t near selection. Was injured and missed a fair bit of cricket this year and has probably only played a couple of games in the last few months so no form coming into this test

1 Like

Absolutely spot on. He should’ve been picked a year ago, what was it, 60-odd wickets in the Shield? Mind you, without Starc’s injury he’d still be uncapped.

Ironic that the C/W bank have dropped Smith as a sponsor because they disapprove of the cheating incident when they are in front of a Royal Commission due to their sharp practice over many years for what many would say was blatant cheating and stealing from customers.
Look in the mirror!

13 Likes

Does anyone know when/if our players started to get reverse swing last night? Did we get any wickets with the ball reversing? Wouldn’t surprise me if the ball goes a bit straighter this test.

Just hated how Warne basically got stuck into him all night. Sure it hasn’t been the greatest debut but thought he bowled ok and Mr Warne has pretty short memories considering his debut was woeful. Chadd is never going to bowl thunderbolts and will struggle on some decks but he would nearly be my first picked bowler for the Ashes over there

1 Like

His spell with the second New ball was great. It even shut Warne up a bit who couldn’t understand why Cummins didn’t take the 2nd newie. There is definitely something to work with there.

Warner press conference is turning in to a straight bat defence.

1 Like

two days of practice has gone in to this.

1 Like

Yeah, giving the same answer to nearly all questions.

1 Like

lol refuses to answer the question twice whether he has ball tampered before. not a good look.

Not giving much away is he

Seemed determined not to drop anyone else in it, … nor accept or confirm any inference as to whether he was the instigator or not.

1 Like

What were Warner and CA thinking.

That press conference was always going to end like that. Warner has shown in the past that he is not a good speaker, the media and the public don’t like him. He was on a hiding to nothing.

He would have been better to release a statement to the media and not do a press conference.

4 Likes

He did say he would take questions.
Probably should of added I won’t answer them though.

3 Likes

None of those guys will ever admit their level of involvement to the public. It is a commercial risk, but they may also challenge the length of bans so there is no need to prejudice that. I think Bancroft and Smith have a reasonable chance of reducing their length of ban. Warner not so much. I agree with the ACA, the charge sheet (and evidence) is all over the place.

1 Like

Has a presser ,doesn’t answer any questions. Coward to the end

Lol CA media and press team has been a joke throughout this whole ordeal

He could of just been honest.

Honesty cuts through most things no matter how badly it’s delivered.

I feel for Warner here; he’s being set up as the villain, and maybe he very well is, or maybe it’s he same way in which Hird was. Either way he’s screwed.

Papers need the story to keep going and the best way to do that is with both a villain and also ongoing sympathy for the now victims (Smith and Bancroft). It’s the same MO every time!

6 Likes

Something like, “… it’s been going on for years in all teams, … this one with the sandpaper was my idea yes”…??

And…" Of course everyone on the team knew, … do you think the Bowlers would be unaware of what was happening to the ball they’re using??"