Cricket Part II

Thank goodness. Hopefully it means the end of guys like Healy and slater.

fark foxtel. seriously.

2 Likes

I don’t mind seeing the back of the Nine commentary team, it passed it’s use-by date a long time ago. I’m excited to see what the new landscape will offer and what it will look like.

2 Likes

Fark Rupert Murdoch.

and Fark Carlton. Sure they had nothing to do with this, but fark them anyway.

4 Likes

Nine didn’t want it anyway I thought

They going after/have the tennis.

Make more from that coverage & outlays better for only setting up in one location over a shorter time period than all the cricket.

People are going to care even less about cricket for near future as well

I have Poxtel and I don’t like this. I don’t think it’s good, medium/long term for cricket, or for the average cricket fan. It’s just James “what’s a clue” Sutherland thinking money is the holy grail.

And I am disappointed that 10 have lost the Big Bash. Thought they did a good job, and brought a fair level of improvement to cricket broadcasting.

4 Likes

Seven will do all the Test matches plus 43 games of the BBL.

Fox to do the ODIs and T20 internationals plus 16 games of the BBL.

I reckon 7 will ‘poach’ most of their.commentators.

Nine wanted it cheap, and when that didn’t happen they got the tennis as a plan B.

Beat me to it with that comment Robbo. 200% agree

James Sutherland?

1 Like

You are right. Well fark them even more now.

1 Like

Foxtel paying a lot of money for exclusive access to only ODI’s, int T20’s and 16 BBL games. Must be thinking the long game and that cricket will not be FTA protected in future.

They’ll also create a host of new shows to run through summer equivalent to AFL360 etc…I know they have some of them already, but this is their chance to really expand it. Plus they’ll be showing replays of test matches all through the night to fill space.

And then basilfy them.

I agree. They’ve had a real lack of local live sport in summer. In winter they have afl, nfl and super whatever number it is these days. But summer’s been a problem for them.

1 Like

I don’t think i could handle hamish mclachlan hosting the cricket

Please 7 no

5 Likes

“You just get the feeling the next few overs are important, don’t you?”

STOOOOOINIS LAUNCHES A BIG BOY OVER LONG OFF. THAT’S THE BIGGEST 6 I HAVE EVER SEEEEN

4 Likes

Unless i get Poxtel there will be no more ODI’s for me to watch…booooooo