Cricket Part II

Surely you have a cow?

3 Likes

Yep, usually starts around 3pm and ends 10pm our time.

1 Like

Cows don’t work weekends.

2 Likes

I reckon his cow won’t because he’s cut it’s overtime rates.

2 Likes

So it’s one of those smart milk cows.

1 Like

You know, as it happens, I could hit a Dairy Farm with a rock, … but I,ve never troubled him for some moo juice. I actually might walk over tomorrow & see if he might part with some . there is nothing better than milk direct from the vat.

It’s a no no I think, Nanny state says nyet!, … But I know him enough for him to know I’m no Narc, … so he just might …

Cows work 24/7 … as do the Dairy farmers, … which is why, all the smart ones do beef.

1 Like

Smart cows do beef? Well I’ll be darned.

1 Like

We so need a wicket…

Draw result quickly shortening.

Yup. Would be so good to get Pujara before the days up … if we don’t, … draw is where it’s headed.

Quick update, … I’m sure you’ll all be extremely relieved to know that Milk has been procured for the morning coffee.

And just as an aside, … how much does Hazelwood look like Stanton when he’s running in??

Just me?

2 Likes

How great is Test Cricket

3 Likes

Cummins is going to scare the bejeesus out of plenty of batsmen on helpful pitches. How he’s looked threatening on this surface is remarkable.

His short ball must be hard to pick up the length on due to the action.

2 Likes

I just hope he stays fit. His next match might be in another 5 years time

The stuff about people losing their ■■■■ over the image of Handscombe’s hand on Smith’s shoulder is pretty funny. Fark they’re sensitive over there.

3 Likes

Yep, a lot of carry on over nothing. Maxwell did it and they are going stupid, Kohli applauds a poor DRS review and they are going stupid. For pete’s sake just chill and laugh about, it is only cricket.

2 Likes

They’re all extra sensitive because Kholi is stinking it up (they’re not used to seeing him actually play opposition that don’t give up ie England) whilst Smith is gunning it. Extra nice to see Kholi’s average drop below 50 and Smith’s is still only going up.

2 Likes

We need a few early wickets here, get them out for around 400 and we’re a chance, otherwise the game will be a draw most likely unless we go full nutcase batting second. Hopefully the pitch is cracking up a bit more and we can get them early. Both our inclusions this game have gunned it, have to wonder if all that 20/20 + ODI’s has helped Cummins perfect his bouncers.

Yeah, and it’s all because Smith is a big cheater.

Smith’s stats are even more impressive if you take away his first 10 or so innings where he was in the side primarily for his leg spin and batted at 8 and 9. He was averaging high 20’s by that point with about 240 runs to his name before he went away and spent a couple of years turning himself into a batsman. If you made up a set of stats for Smith 2.0 he’s actually sitting on around 4850 runs from 87 innings and averaging around 67 with 19 centuries over a period of 4 years. That well and truly puts him above everyone aside from Bradman and on track to equal Hayden and Gavaskar for most hundreds by 5000 runs.

4 years is a heck of a long purple patch. It’s more likely this is going to be fairly standard for Smith for a while unless someone really figures him out like Flintoff did to Gilchrist. If he continues this form for another 4 years he will be sitting on over 10,000 test runs with nearly 40 hundreds and averaging around 65. All at the ripe old age of 31. I actually think his game will actually get even better over the next few years.

2 Likes