Cricket Part II

Ireland are a rough chance of pulling off a win in their first ever Test. Pakistan’s most recent fourth-innings chases are 248, 114 and 81.

Is this a 4-dayer because the follow-on mark for tests is 200 (5 days).

Pakistan will clean up with the bookies though. Odds on this happening would be rather long.

1 Like

Was a 5 day test but with the entire first day washed out it reverted to 4 days. As a result the follow on was reduced to 150.

1 Like

So what I got from that article is that CA doesn’t understand the rules and couldn’t answer anyone’s questions. Therefore the state league took it upon themselves to make a decision.

I am shocked…

1 Like

Pakistan currently 3/36 chasing down 160 to win against Ireland.

4 Likes

They are considering tossing the toss

It’s been a bad 2018 for tossers. Dave Warner suspended and now this.

2 Likes

This has got to come in.

awful idea. No just no

Really? I’m with Noonan

Might make the Poms think about rolling out greentops if they know they have to bat first on them.

2 Likes

doubt it, they will still produce greentops. Just think its a dumb idea. its gone from being slightly in favour of the home team(providing you win the coin toss) to giving the visiting team a massive advantage.

It will just make home teams doctor the pitches even more to get an advantage

How is it a massive advantage to the away team unless the pitch is unfair to a team batting first or last?

And how can the home team doctor the pitch to favour themselves if they don’t know when they’ll be batting?

It should encourage the home team to produce fairer pitches that provide an even contest between bat and ball for the duration of the match

2 Likes

Got no problems with doing away with the toss but I don’t want to see pitch doctoring taken out of the game. I want to see a variety of pitches that make it hard for opposition sides. Last thing we want is uniform pitches, may aswell play on concrete and matting

4 Likes

it should but it won’t. India will just produce even dustier turning pitches that will be full of cracks by the start of day 1. England will just produce even grassier greentops. They will find a way.

Test toss off?
So who tosses off?
And is it in private or on the ground.

1 Like

I think it use to happen in the channel 9 commentary box…oh you meant the coin toss

1 Like

Psst, Ian you’re on!