Cricket Part II

D’arcy Short ODI debut, come from nowhere via bbl hope the kid goes well

Roy killing us again, england to make 300+ easy

What a catch by short!

Not sure the Aussie bowlers will have much luck with such a wet ball and wet outfield. Makes it impossible for the bowlers to grip the ball or make it do anything.

Aussies chasing 343 to win. Hmm… not staying to see us lose that as well

SL have been charged with ball tampering (which they strenuously deny).

Let the heads roll??

Let’s see if CA’s hard-line stance rubs off on everyone else

1 Like

As if!!!

I can’t imagine India or Sri Lanka EVER admitting to doing anything wrong.

2 Likes

I hear Channel 9 copped a lot of flak for using Warner on their commentary team and never attempting to ask him any tough questions.

I’m glad they’re losing the cricket.

2 Likes

You don’t hire someone to work with you and then subject them to a bunch of hard questions, it is not why you hired them.

If they paid him for an interview and then didn’t ask hard questions, then they should cop abuse.

1 Like

Well, they shouldn’t have hired him then. The wounds are still raw for diehard Australian fans and he is perceived as the main man responsible…being an arsewipe and all. Suppose they’ve got Slater and Clarke, so quite at home.

1 Like

after initially being worried that 9 was losing cricket, I’m now not that concerned; if anything I’m delighted that the guy behind 10’s coverage is running the show. The shake up Cricket needs methinks. I hope they’re not afraid to run 2 person commentary in tests.

And I don’t know if it rational, but I’m gradually losing respect for Warner

I agree they shouldn’t have hired him.

The current ICC penalty is a massive 5 runs which have already been granted to the WI, plus SL Captain Chandimal could incur 2 points which means a one game suspension.

Hard hitting eh?

Just like fining about AFL player a $1,000 for striking when their wage is $500,000 plus.

1 Like

It was always going to happen. Media would rather a pound of flesh and some clicks than actually report on something proportionality.

And this is why you should never bow to social media generated outrage used by the media to inflate ratings. You end up being held to a double standard if you apologise; unfortunately those who deny or point fingers tend to ride out the storm more than those who admit fault. (Ala Trump and Republicans)

I am more interested in hearing a critique of Warner’s commentary style. The rest is hot air and an indictment on Australian society.

Defeats in the first two ODIs against England have sent Australia tumbling to a 34-year low in the ICC rankings. They have slipped to sixth place, and will need to win at least one of the three remaining games in the series to climb back above Pakistan to fifth.

According to cricket.com.au, the last time Australia found themselves in sixth position was back in January 1984.

On.A.Roll.

I take it as equal 5th given we are on the same points as Pakistan!

Hardly surprising though given we have marginalised 50 over cricket domestically. It’s only a side show at the start of the season. Can’t see us producing better results until they place more emphasis on it.

The only way that’s gonna happen is if the ‘cash cow’ that is the BBL,dies.

1 Like