Cricket Part II

Yes I was taking a lot of liberty with my comment. Marnus is much more along the lines of Strauss and Prior rather than Pieterson or Hick.

Regardless, itā€™s somewhat embarrassing that someone with his FC record is anywhere near a Test squad, let alone actually get a game. And you can put Finch and Head in that category too. Itā€™s a real crapshoot hoping for guys with FC averages 40 or under to be able to make it at Test levelā€¦

Finch would be there to try and emulate Warnerā€™s fast starts you would think
Head is Langers personal fave. Was always going to creep in once the coach was known.
The other guy: I have no farking idea of why that has happened.

And of course Marsh has a family pedigree advantage.

Head had a decent Shield season.
More than decent.
Comparable to Maxwellā€™s.

I like head

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Head ends up a pretty good test player. Finch is too vulnerable to the moving ball. Donā€™t know enough about Labuschagne.

Taking aside my bias of course Trav is one of the most talented kids seen in the SA program for some time. He does have issues both technically and mentally but having seen first hand how hard he works on his game Iā€™m certain he can overcome them and become a very good test player. Iā€™d love to say my 2 years of coaching him at u11ā€™s and u12ā€™s had some bearing on his development though :rofl:

7 Likes

Now we know why heā€™s got those technical and mental deficiencies!!! :laughing:

5 Likes

He was a cocky little ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  before I got to him :rofl:

1 Like

Correction, it took England from a mediocre team to world number 1, at least a for short time anyways

1 Like

Pakistan won the toss and will bat first

Massive crowd there, more than a norf home game thatā€™s for sure

1 Like

Massive workload ahead for Lyon and Holland. Need to dismiss them for under 450ā€¦

I thought he was named at three but I might have been looking at it wrong. Itā€™s usually kwalja.

I donā€™t mind him being gifted games if heā€™s been identified as ticking a few boxes. I think itā€™s his brother thatā€™s been given plenty more opportunity and heā€™d worry sheep.

Exactly like his old man without the runs.

Very tough to win having lost the toss. Wicket hasnā€™t got a blade of grass on it. Looks like a 500plus wicket first up before we succumb to spin twice cheaply.

Has that feel about it doesnā€™t it? Our bowlers are not really troubling them overly much.

Our boy, Nic Maddinson, ended up crashing through the WA tail like a dose of Epsom salts.

63 run win, Maddinson 4-28 off 4.5

1 Like

He also batted well with 58 (63)

on pitches like this one if you lose the toss, a win is almost out of the question. For the first few days the ball will do nothing then all of a sudden every ball will be like facing a hand grenade

2 Likes

Same as I said last year, umpires are neutral but the pitches are doctored for the home side. Does betting money talk?

1 Like

Pakistan doing it with ease, 0/85 after 29