Cricket Part II

He was pretty good in Shield in 17/18.

And, as we all know, Shield form is very important, except when it isn’t, which is most of the time. L

2 Likes

True that. And looks like Siddle has got the nod. Such a sad reality that’s he’s considered our best option. Best bet would be playing 3 spinners with marsh opening with 3-4 overs

Australia’s XI was officially confirmed by captain Tim Paine on Saturday. Matt Renshaw misses out and 24-year old Labuschagne has been fast-tracked to the line-up. In the fast bowling department, Michael Neser misses out despite impressing in the warm-up, with the more experienced Peter Siddle preferred.

Australia XI : 1 Aaron Finch, 2 Usman Khawaja, 3 Shaun Marsh, 4 Mitchell Marsh, 5 Travis Head, 6 Marnus Labuschagne, 7 Tim Paine (capt&wk), 8 Mitchell Starc, 9 Peter Siddle, 10 Jon Holland, 11 Nathan Lyon

that is a team, I literally have no ■■■■■■■ connection with

I use to be a rusted on cricket fan

Then just the tests

Now look at that… ■■■■■■■ finch to open. At least give me that kid that blocks all day long and digs in for a long session

Vomit

2 Likes

I really don’t want to be a grumpy old ■■■■■■■ about it, but I feel the same way.
Batting 3-6, two Marshes and two debutantes.

Just…■■■■ off.

Mitch Marsh is the David Myers of cricket

1 Like

He won’t get to Andy flintoff heights but I recon Marsh is about to become a very important player.

But I like the Myers comparison - works his ar$e off, good leader but perennially injured.

At least that’s how I decipher it…

1 Like

As a batsman, bowler, or vice captain?

And by the way tassie into another final which we’ll provably lose. Hobart made big bash final and state team made should final. Got rolled by both.

Really don’t want to play WA.

By the by, it’s just bloodi awesome having the jtl on the app which you can screen through your Apple TV or Xbox etc. me any young bloke just sat there in bed watching George Bailey rip through qld (who admittedly got worse of the conditions).

By the by, why can’t those carnts at the afl can’t do something similar. but they do it for VFL which I suppose is the equivalent.

And by the by the by how good is cricket. I just fkn love it

And what is by the by?

I think as a leader he’s one of those blokes you just fall behind. I heard the players love him. That’s why they put so much time into him.

I think he can only get better in those other regards. I watched him flog England to all parts of the SCG at the start of the year, admittedly on a flat wicket but geez it looked good. Just a clean hitter.

His brother however is a massive waste of talent.

Good lord what the fck is that team…

Has to be by far the worst batting line up I’ve ever seen. Zero quality bats.

Who the fck is lasagna champagne?

1 Like

I think his Mum was Italian and his dad French

I actually hope he doesn’t get any better, because that would justify the bullshit that has been his gifted Tests so far.

Surely he can’t bat at four.

Marnus is the most South African name in existence

Labuschagne = la - boo - schkuk - nee

Have done some work with Marnus’s old man. Has the thickest Arffikans accent. We have become the new England given we are now importing our players.

3 Likes

I think you will find he was joking based on the previous post saying lasagna and champagne.

Don’t be annoyed about it though, it works trust me!

1 Like

JLT Vic v WA

Vics 5-217* 34 overs.

Harris 73 (49)
Handscomb 80 (73)

White 0
Maxwell 7

Maddinson 51* (57)
Short 3* (12)

Importing players means they come over in their 20s or late teens…immigrants don’t count when their family brings them over when they’re 12.

I’m pro-importation and pro-migration. It worked for the poms turning them from a poor team to a mediocre one, it can do the same for us. Someone get Dutton on the phone.