Cricket Part II

I was too genorous with 200

well there you go

33 year old debutante with 59 first class wickets just ripped through our top order. Good times.

2 Likes

These blokes just don’t have the ticker to knuckle down

2 Likes

It’s OK.
Mitch Marsh and Tim Paine will save us.

Of course there was a cover up. If the TV viewers can see what Bancroft was doing to the ball, then the rest if the team sees the same.

Guessing you haven’t played much/any cricket. I can assure you that when you are spending a full day in the field you rarely pay attention to the ball or what is happening to it in between deliveries, unless you are the designated one to look after it.

1 Like

Mitch out, 200 looking distant

Australia have lost 7 for 41.

Shocked. Shocked, I tell ya.

1 Like

Long summer of cricket ahead.

We lost 10 for 60. Debutant took 6 wickets. 280 runs behind and Pakistan batting again.

Glenn Maxwell doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry seeing that rubbish.

2 Likes

Wow we lost 10-60 and yet the most surprising thing is we actually made 200.

Australian XI Team 1998

Australian XI Team 2008

Australian XI Team 2018

Da fark happened to Australian Cricket?

1 Like

Selectors and poor development, mixed with the rise of T20.

3 Likes

Hughes was a great talent. Because England worked out he had a weakness (shock horror, imagine that), they dumped him as quick as possible and wouldn’t let him back int he side. Maxwell is a supremely talented player, again with some flaws. Rather than develop him they have stamped his papers as never to play.

Meanwhile they pick Finch and have a player called Marsh (or 2) in the side both of whom have bigger flaws than the previous two.

The fact they picked Paine ahead of a young developing WK was a sign have how bad it had become in the world of selection.

I want all selectors gone and a complete revamp of the side. If you are going to rebuild the side because you over-reacted and suspended your two best players for far too long then at least pick young players and give them a chance. Even a concussed Renshaw is better than Finch playing at 32. We were never going to win this series or even get close, so plan for the future not put in stop gaps who won’t be there in a year, if that long.

I think the theory that Langer is playing funny buggers with stopgaps (Finch, Waj opening, no Renshaw, Maxwell inexplicably told to sit out County and Aus A, then not being picked) because he doesn’t want anyone to take the spots of his favourites (Bancroft, MMarsh, SMarsh, probably Jo frigging Angel soon enough) makes a lot of sense.

burns white bailey and ferguson would be better than what is happening over there now. throw in maxwell

Bailey would not be the worst idea. Solid, experienced captain at least.