Cricket Part II

Bit harsh, the guy helped the Aussies rebuild pretty well. Should he have done more to stop some of the crap, yes, but most of it surrounds one player and allegedly, he is hard to handle. They tried and he was ok for a bit but then he just lost it completely and dragged the rest with him.

The only issue was really one bloke, but because he was a good batsmen and we were short on those they left him in. If he wasn’t there most of this on-field issues probably would not have happened.

I really like Marnus. He’s energetic in the field and he can bowl. You nearly have to say with all the wrist-spinners we’ve tried post Warne/MacGill, he’s looked the most accomplished, and he wasn’t even picked as a bowler. His biggest question mark is whether he’s good enough with the bat. If he can average 35+ at 6, then coupled with his leggies he’s a pretty decent cricketer to have in the team.

Lyon now only behind Lillee, McGrath and Warne as Australia’s leading wicket taker in Tests. Who’s have thought 6-7 years ago that a one time groundsman at the Adelaide Oval would go in and have the career he’s had? He’s just entering his prime as well, he could end up with 500+ Test wickets…

3 Likes

Still better value than Mitch Marsh.

3 Likes

Vics 140 in front, still 4 down in Perth…Pucovski 147* and Short 70* (Matt, not Darcy).

SA 2/27 vs NSW 246

Qld 3/27 vs Tas 356…Doolan 115, Wade 72*

2 Likes

agree

The guy is/ was a massive flog. In the end he reaped what he sowed

Shaun Marsh all but chops on, while on 0. Gets 3. So…back in the runs.

2 Likes

Looooool.

And 3 is all he gets.

Please end this nightmare now. Never pick him again.

3 Likes

ANNOUNCE PUCOVSKI

1 Like

Maxwell’s been pulled out of Shield to sub field in the Tests in preparation for the T20s. Whilst also telling him to make more runs against the red ball which he’s not faced in 8 months. After not letting him play county to save him for the India A tour, then not taking him on that.

If anyone can make any sort of case that they’re not actively trying to destroy his career, I’d gladly hear it.

6 Likes

Time Shaun got his permanent marshing orders. Probably Mitch too.

1 Like

So we’ve gone from having them 5-57 to now having a 150 run deficit.

Beyond pathetic.

1 Like

& run out.

God bless genetics.

what a mess

Not even Dodoro could save this team.

1 Like

I really, really feel sorry for Maxwell.

I’m just stunned he hasn’t yet told Cricket Australia to stick it up their ■■■■ and permanently started doing the T20 tour

1 Like

Embarrassing effort. This the 3rds rabble?

Look at the positives, Mitch marsh, our Vice captain, doyen of the middle order, hit 13.
That’s not far off his Test average away (which is 20.01).

4 Likes

Marshs aren’t adding anything to this team, on field at least.

They aren’t scoring runs. Neither of them can field. And Mitch is basically a toothless part time bowler.

Marnus is bowling better than Holland and complements Lyon better as well.

Would be interesting to see how he bowls on proper pitches. Could be an option against England.