Cricket Part II

I don’t remember because it never happened.

I was talking about the start of his career and yes it did happen.

When I think of Ricky Ponting I think of him destroying a India attack in a World Cup final.

Jesus! Debutant Rory Burns has been struck a nasty blow from a full-blooded sweep whilst fielding at bat-pad. He actually ducked his head and the ball missed the helmet and hit the back of his neck. Looks like Tea will be taken whilst he gets medical attention.

Alex Doolan 3 50s and a ton in the Shield so far this season. Curently 61* v NSW. Could he make a shock recall to the Test side, especially if Khawaja is not fit?

Admittedly Edwards is a bowling all-rounder who bats at 6-7.

He picked Ashton Agar and Ashton Turner as future Test stars.
Not even Langer would pick them.

Turner could be a candidate for white-ball stuff.

What’s happened to Whiteman of WA, by the way? Seemed to go out by injury, but Inglis has been the man for quite a while now.

Early on I remember him being quite prone, for him, to chasing wider drives and snicking off to 2nd and 3rd slip.

Mind you, a weakness for Ricky Ponting would be a strength for almost any other cricketer who’s ever lived. So there is that.

1 Like

Mitch Johnson smashed his finger (keeping) in BBL and they needed to do follow up surgery.

Moeen and Root both out for 3 in Poms’ second dig.

Burns took on the sub fielder at mid on and lost. Moeen holed out and Root caught behind off a big turner from Herath.

Jennings on 66 and Stokes 19.

opened for NSW in the JLT Cup, so clearly they see him as a little more than a bowling all rounder.

Looks like Khawaja should be good to go for the first test. Only 5 other batting places to fill.

4 Likes

3 after the Marsh brothers

1 Like

I think the problem lies that Khawaja is the first picked. He’s been ok but in another era he would even make our 4th XI. Has loads of talent and I like him alot, but doesnt do enough.

EDIT: hmmmm…averages 43. 13 50s and 7 100s so he converts well.
Not sure what I was thinking.

His home form has always been super. Until his hundred in the first test against Pakistan he was a walking wicket on tour. Fingers crossed the added responsibility continues to inspire him because boy we need him.

1 Like

England leading by almost 450 with 5 wickets in the shed. Game well and truly done.

makes it look so easy and gets bored and plays a loose shot. People go after him because he seems so casual.

1 Like

Wow I love this! Part of the reason I enjoy cricket so much - so many useless but totally amazing stats to be found.

Used to love it when aravinda and Arjuna got stuck into merv and co. Didn’t take ■■■■ from anyone.