Cricket Part II

He seems like a horrible choice of chairman. How he thought these comments were going to help is amazing. Not sure a deal is getting done anytime soon with him pulling the strings.

So I guess the Ashes is off?

Getting closer and closer to being pulled. Massive money loss for everyone if that happens.

Meanwhile, the poms are getting smashed at Trent Brdge by SA. 3/55 chasing 474 day 4.

So I guess now that Will Sutherland has chosen cricket, perhaps his dad might get off his buttocks and negotiate with the players so that his son has a future?

Three debutants for England in the third test…

Tom Westley #3 bat from Essex, Dawid Malan #5 bat from Middlesex and right-arm quick Toby Roland-Jones from Middlesex.

Out are Ballance, Dawson and Wood.

Suspect Jennings will be the next omission.

England batting and 1/62 with Cook on 34 and Westley 24. Jennings out to Philander for 0.

Just off for rain.

1 Like

Balance is such a rubbish player. Dawson got picked on being a "nice guy "

Youngest of the three inclusions is 28. Clearly planning for the now rather than the future.

Actually England has been pro-active in the last few years in selecting young players to debut in test cricket.

Maybe so but not with these selections. They are clearly focusing on the Ashes which may not even go ahead!

cricinfo new set up is terrible they don’t even show the scoreboard. just live scores. i am old fashioned and love perusing scores as the writers dribble on too much. a full score board shows the game without putting up with dribble

3 Likes

Agree. Who ever was responsible for redesigning it should be sacked. Looks awful

1 Like

I use Cricbuzz. Ignore the commentary though.

thanks for that just tried cricbuzz and it far better than cricinfo

1 Like

Yeah Cricinfo have mucked that up badly; scorecards so much harder to read; I had really become comfortable with the old layout

2 Likes

I regularly look at players career stats. Used to be able to get it easily on cricinfo - doesn’t seem to be anywhere now unless you go right into their profile.

1 Like

Finally a deal had been done

1 Like

England set South Africa nearly 500 to win and won by 240 odd. Four golden ducks in the innings - 2 on reviewed lbw’s - Faf padded up, Philander padded up and was plumb. Game ended on a Moeen hat-trick - Elgar for 136, caught at slip, Rabada the same, then Morkel lbw on review.

Good debuts for Westley (2nd innings 50) and Roland-Smith 8 wickets. Not so for Malan.

That pad up by vernon was awful, it was pretty straight.

Elgar played one hell of a knock for SA

Bairstow given out onfield for 99 by Dharmasena.

Miles down the track and to the naked eye, hit outside off. According to Hawkeye, about 2% of the ball was in line and it was flicking off stump, so stays out.

Horrible, horrible decision for mine. As bad as the one where Smith was given out for a duck last summer.

You just can’t give them out.

1 Like