Cricket Part II

Vic win on D/L after match abandoned due to dangerous wicket.
'dem quality grounds in NSW.

This from the CA app:

Cricket NSW chief execuitve Andrew Jones took to Twitter to vent his frustration at the way the match ended. “That is a ridiculous decision and the umps should be held accountable. Two sore thumbs after 65 overs and that’s it? Please” Jones tweeted. "(Bushrangers) well ahead in the game but it should have been played to a conclusion. The drop in wicket was up and down all day. “It should be a No Result. Conditions didn’t change all game so if it was dangerous for one side it was dangerous for the other.” Jones also called for all officials involved to “be fired immediately” and tweeted to his counterpart in Tasmania: “I suggest paving Blundstone Arena lest there be any uneven bounce”. He also confimed Cricket NSW was “exploring all avenues” regarding a possible protest over the result.

If you prepare a dangerous wicket then the result should be:
Visitors OW 1.000
Home OL 0.000
I don’t care which State it is.

And Jones should be hauled over the coals and made to pay a fine over his comments about the umpires.
You know a player would be.

Is Jones the ex-NZ bat?

No he is a Sydney guy, so a different Andrew Jones. Not sure he made state level, but played a lot of grade cricket. Seems like a fairly good operator from what I have heard previously.

Ouch! The poor man has been lashed with wet lettuce! That’ll learn him.

1 Like

Second time in two years theyve failed to prepare safe playing wickets, first (I think?) shield game was written off last year.

Both against the top placed Vics, a draw would be a great result for nsw.
We were granted the points last time too.

Cheats.

2 Likes

Gee I wonder who manages those ovals and I wonder who went ballistic at the umpires?

Unbroken 200 run opening stand for the Redbacks

Broken now. But not a bad platform for SA

Why is this being played in Tassie?

The JLT series is played across 4 states this year. Has been games in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Hobart. The final is in Hobart

1 Like

Reduced to 48 overs due to rain
We made 5/339.
Trav and Cooper went ballistic near the end

Vics 4/59 in reply.
Finch out for a goldie

So a WACA v SACA Final it is!

AB has picked a side for the Gabba test. It has Shaun marsh at 6.

The ball moves at the Gabba
Ergo
Shaun Marsh doesn’t play

2 Likes

Love the double standards in Australian Cricket. Ed Cowan leads the Shield run scoring at an average of 70+ and is finished as a Test cricketer, yet Shaun Marsh, just one year younger, is in the form of his life and you have people like Border and Justin Langer saying he should be in the team. I’m just done with the bloke, he is what he is, which is consistently inconsistent. Speaking of Cowan, dropped from the NSW Shield side for the opening round to accomodate Smith and Warner. Fair play, if those blokes are available you play them, but still I can find a spot for him in that top 6 ahead of any of Maddinson, Henriques, Patterson or Dan Hughes.

3 Likes

I think they picked the right bats. The 3 non test bats are the future of NSW cricket. Cowan is a great test bat but will never be picked for Australia again.
Maddison and Hughes had very good 1 day series too