Cricket Part III

Australia lead India by 270 runs with 1 wicket remaining

I rate Alison Mitchell as a good commentator whether she’s on Ch 7 or ABC. :wink:. She got that one wrong though.

Runs are the ultimate gain but I think dragging them out there for a little longer is just as meaningful. Stops Kohli and his fire and brimstone approach going into the rooms with their tails right up.

2 Likes

Woo! Wag it boys.

Go you good things.

1 Like

Got them at least, … a 300 lead would be grand.

If India are on 70-80 at stumps with both Kohli and Pujara still remaining it will be tight tomorrow. One or both dismissed tonight and we win before tea. The heavy roller will make the pitch flat for about an hour only

And our lead extends past their first innings score.

1 Like

gotta leave enough time to bowl them out

Please tell me how hard this pitch is to bat on when our number 10 and 11 put on 30+ with ease.

That’ll do it.

■■■■■■ hell, benfti.

Look at how the wickets fell. It’s not like the Starc and Hazelwood looked untroubled while batting.

1 Like

India need 287 to win.

Did you see the first thirty balls they faced?

2 Likes

287 to win. Aussies in the box seat

these two have cemented victory for australia. Australia’s tailenders in a situation like this are gold, especially compared with india’s who are just walking wickets.

If India pass 200 in their innings i will be staggered. India have bowled very well to the batsmen but let themselves down against the tail. The had the exact same problem against England.

Not sure if they can survive for a day and a half on this pitch either

1 Like

I saw a lot of tailenderish swing and misses.

If they were better batsmen they would have edged one of them through to the keeper.

1 Like

Well, … here we go then.

Gotta declare things certain about halfway through a game, then predict how sure you are that we’re going to stuff it up.
Because that’s what the word certain means.

Yep. Pitch doing loooots, particularly when the bowlers were fresh.

And people keep ignoring that factor, but it certainly is a factor.

1 Like