Cricket Part III

The media in India have turned on Kohli.

Isn’t Kohli the best batsman in the world because the best batsman in the world is not allowed to play?

7 Likes

No more than any other country’s media after a loss.
Anything gavaskar says I’d pointless as unless it’s all fluffy love ins at the crease it must be open warfare.

And you’ll notice it’s by Jacob polychronis, one of the most well known and respected cricket writers in the country.

1 Like

It’s not the first time or the last time players will have a tiff on field.

1 Like

I am really happy to see Tim ‘Kid’ Paine playing well. I have a Taswegian mate here in Japan, who grew up with & is friends with Tim (also knows Matty Wade as well). He reckons that Tim was always the more talented cricketer out of those two - especially in terms of his glove work. If not for his finger injuries, he would (most likely) have been our test gloveman many years ago. He has had to travel a long road, so it is great to see him enjoying his cricket and proudly representing Australia (even if he is near the end). FWIW, I reckon Chris Hartley has been the best gloveman over the past decade. Very unlucky to have missed out on a baggy green.

3 Likes

Indian media is funny. Super touchy to criticism (much like the team to be honest) and more than happy to swing from fawning to rabid and back.

India should have played Jadeja. But, they also missed a trick not playing Bhuvaneshwar Kumar instead of Yadav.

Oh well, all set for a great final 2 tests. Ultimately the team that plays hardest will win. Reckon Paine has got his group in the box seat.

2 Likes

Strong revisionism here.
Kumar hasn’t played a Test since January.
Yadav took 10 wickets and MoM in his previous Test in the Windies. Was always next cab off the rank for a quick.

Should’ve gone Jadeja regardless.

1 Like

in the BBL game tonight, Pattinson was run out. Except the replay was not clear he was so it was expected by all the players on the ground that it wouldn’t be out. Then to just stun everyone, it was given out. But everyone, including the onfield umpires didn’t move and couldn’t work out why it was given out. So for about 5 mins everyone just stood around trying to work out what the crap was going on.

Then Pattinson was told to get off the ground but almost all the way off, he suddenly turns around and goes back to bat.

So far the news is that instead of the umpires saying it wasn’t out, they stuck with the third umpire who got it wrong, but the Strikers withdraw the appeal and called the player back.

So the players did the job the stupid third umpire and match referee should have done.

8 Likes

Cricket Australia approves of this nice guy cricket.

I like part-time off spinners.

EFA

Also, good to see Pattinson rolling his arm over but he definitely appears to have lost a yard of pace.

1 Like

Tim Southee did his usual impersonation of a fast. Was unplayable when the pitch was green and the ball swinging, then turns into a park cricketer when it flattens out.

SL were 3/9 in first dig before getting to 282. Sheep shaggers scored 578 in their first dig then had SL 3/13 before Mendis and Matthews put on 274 in 109 overs to get it to a 5th day lunch before the rain sets in. Well played SL

1 Like

Flicking around on FTA and saw BBL on 7. Seriously Slats had taken some good stuff before the call. Copped about one over with him and then had to flick to fox. Annoying as Ponting was trying to say something insightful and I wanted to hear it but Slats shouted over him. Just ■■■■■■■ painful.

1 Like

Yeah I faced the same issue. He just wouldn’t shut up. At one stage he went on about how good it is to see Pattinson back then praised his first delivery. Problem is it was Laughlin bowling, which Ponting pointed out.

Slats is an idiot.

3 Likes

That’s all you needed really.

4 Likes

He’s a deadset moron. Gets over excited by the slightest thing, thinks he is Brian Taylor for some god awful reason. Provides absolutely little insight into anything relating to the game

3 Likes

Why is Sam McClure on cricket?

They must have literally no one else available.

3 Likes

Get BT commentating the BBL!

1 Like

He’s slidey mcslide