Cricket Part III

Plays for stars apparently

Do we have a new rhyming slang?

When a bowler is bowling pies can we say heā€™s bowling AJ tyes?

1 Like

we wont hold that against him

Itā€™s his native state that counts

Apparently conceding 56 off the last 4 overs is a good thing

when 60 odd was needed it is

1 Like

Interesting argument about the D/L method and if it should be applied in T20s given teams generally go for it from bowl one. Try explaining to a cricket novice that Australia scored 11 fewer runs yet still won by 4!

It wouldnt let me from the app. Kept asking me to sign up for Kayo. Although the app did play the t20 against SA so surprised u say u could watch it on the app.

Australia were hurt by the rain. Maxwell and Stoinis batted very well and were set to explode in the last 4 overs only for it to be cut short by rain. If we had have gone the full 20 then 200 was likely very very likely

Finch is currently the number 2 ranked player in T20iā€™s. Hardly playing that badly.

13 man test squad picked

Aaron Finch, Marcus Harris, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine Ā©, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Chris Tremain.

Yep, Australia got robbed by The rain. They easily would of made 200. India should of had to chase a lot more than they did

Travis head in the squad? Surely Australia has got a better batsmen than him in reserves

Donā€™t hate that, other than Mmarsh.

Hard to ignore Harris and Tremainā€™s performances.

Iā€™m firmly convinced Handscomb is a long term international, but heā€™s a bit lucky on this seasonā€™s form. I imagine heā€™ll be fighting it out with Head. India will bowl a lot of overs of spin.

Siddle in the extended squad also.

Not gonna pretend to be happy about Harris being named. McDonald reckon he knows his game, so I assume he knows heā€™s loose as ā– ā– ā– ā–  outside his off stump!

I donā€™t think they will bowl as many overs of spin as they have in previous series down here.

Their pace attack is very very good now, wouldnā€™t suprise me at all if Ashein didnā€™t play in the first test and jadeja is their spinner which strengthens their batting

Revised DL score was 174, pretty much bang on 10 runs an over which weā€™d have got from the full 20. Fail to see how were penalized there. Unless you think we wouldā€™ve made more than 200?

I was replying to red bull who was talking about am argument about the D/L method. Read his post

Maybe.
They started with ishant, Yadav, Shami in England

Bumrah is really the only one who hasnā€™t struggled away from home - but heā€™s only played a handful.
Ishantā€™s average is 62 in Australia.
UT Yadav is 44
Shami 36
Bhunesvar Kumarā€™s is >150
Pandya hasnā€™t played here, but his average in RSA (probably rhe most similar conditions) is 54

Their pitches are a huge advantage at home, but the adjustment away from that is a huge disadvantage whenever they travel.

Put it this way, I imagine the Aussies will be a lot happier if Ashwin and Jadeja arenā€™t in the side.

CA will probably take this new-found ā€œweā€™re all very niceā€ ethos to the extreme and produce nothing but dusty spinning pitches for our touring friends.

1 Like